WHICH AFTERMARKET EXHAUST SHOULD I BUY???

OB_KZZ1

Registered
MICRON, YOSH, MUZZY, HINDLE, TWO BROS COME TO MIND. WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST ONE FOR THE BUSA? THANKS!

I would hold off for a couple weeks...someones coming out with a new product that is on a boat now..I promised not to spill the beans...they are on your list.

THE HINDLE WORK OUT GREAT THE PIPES TURN GOLD TINT AND THE CARBON CAR WAS BLACK WITH GOLD TINT. LOOKS AWESOME ON MY COPPER BUSA.GOOD LUCK

So you want a new pipe great, I have a question or two:

What type of riding will you be doing? city streets, drag strip, touring, road racing? Need to know the answer before you choose *any* pipe.

I have a Muzzy stainless with oval Ti canister ordered. I plan on doing a same day dyno run and will post results. I will try to do a run stock then with the pipe then with pipe and pc2.

Omega,

I have been waiting to see the light but so far it has been dim.

You promised us a week or two ago to post a dyno sheet on your muzzy pipe.

The three pipes I am considering are the TBR, Muzzy, and Loe Vinci (not yet finished).

Does anyone have any dyno sheets for these (before and after). I really don't belive 'net hp" (that is hp claimed on the internet). And the friend of a friends brothers dogs owner busa putting out 523hp with just a pipe and and air filter isn't too believable.

-Dana

You will always be unhappy with the hp production of a new pipe, or any other mod except a turbo for that matter.

If it's really hp you want, then select the one that all of the winning super bike teams use and that Yosh puts on the Busas upon which it's staking its "street special" production reputation.

That is why I selected Akrapovic. My results are OK @ 165 SAE rwhp; in-line with what credible people like Turbo Rick have experienced, and I believe that this pipe has the best potential to maximize any future motor mods I do. Cams go in within weeks.

I've been hearing a lot of noise about the Muzzy pipe and like Dana I'd like to see some independent results on it. What Rob Muzzy says is self-serving and therefore irrelevant.

I'm also skeptical about sea-level dyno results like the ones some members have been getting in Florida. If it's true that Denver bikes, at one mile above sea level, are getting 10% less hp (one member said they're getting only 117 rwhp at that elevation!), then results in Florida are at least 4-5 hp higher than those which will be obtained by people who live at 1,000+ above sea level...which is where most of the North American land mass is.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 15 March 2000).]

OMEGA

Is the MUZZY available in Titanium with a Titanium canister?
Does it come with blanking plates for the pair manifolds?
If they do who has the best price in our area for these items?
Who do you trust to dyno your bike in our area?

Ride Safe, Roberto

I have a micron on right now there are a number of reasons "I" would not go with micron again ;results and relations with micron by phone over a problem to name 2. DIRTY PETE, I ran my bike on 2 different dynos in Daytona a superflow at shootout and another Dynojet my results were all within 3-4 horse of my numbers at home; Penn. the best being 158 corr. I also watched no fewer than 4 more busas at 156 give or take, pipes and pc2. I know what pipe? 3 micron ,1 stock ,1 akra. Thats all the info I have on them

My choice is the Akrapovic.The quality is top notch and there is no difference from the ones they sell to the public and the ones they give to the race teams.Not every exhaust maker can say this.Quality control is always there because the exhaust are hand builty.Mandrel bends are smooth and produce the most horsepower.No kinks or ripples on the headers.We dynoed Frq Flyer's (Joe)Busa and the Povic gave 6 more horsepower than the Yosh RS3 on top end and an average of about 2 horsepower throughout the rev range.

You guys need to go to the post I put on about Dynamometer #'s and correction factors.
There are a lot of numbers out there and the facts really need to be known for comparison's when spending lots of money on pipes. There are wayyyyy too many variables
controlling dyno results and these really need to be known beforehand when discussing
what pipe and etc.

Hey, I know it is only my opinion, but as a former member of another site for the R1 which went this way and now is almost useless for information, there seems to be a tendency for "attitude" to be overwhelming "information". Maybe I am alone, sorry if I am to anyone else...

If you want dyno sheets to download you'll be waiting till dynojet develops a map for the muzzy. Once I have the proper map loaded then I'll scan some runs. The muzzy is available in every configuration imaginable and they are all pictured on their site. The akro race systems are full ti not stainless so its not the same system the race teams use. Roberto you have several facilities in dade county available. Blaze in lauderdale has always treated me well.
In closing I would like to point out that whatever pipe any of you choose is soley your decision. I wont be like dyno rick and become the poster boy for muzzy. I know its the best system currently available for the 1300 for more reasons than just peak numbers. You have all heard lee shierts say the same thing. If you disagree, go for the akro or whatever you feel the most comfortable with. For some reason I dont feel a compelling desire to prove to everyone that muzzy is superior. To each his own gents.

nope its not yosh....I`ll not argue hp numbers but for anyone to compare any other can on a bike to a micron needs thier head examined....quality is the word...everyone else needs a drill and rivet gun to get thiers apart....micron only a allen wrench!

I`m glad Lee has concluded that muzzy is the greatest...thats a real selling point to me...get real....another speed shop selling parts that they get a good deal on....I don`t blame him for doing it either...he`s intitled to make a living...just not off me

OMEGA, I did see a muzzy poster recently, and I wasn't sure of the new face in the back-ground........Now I know......don't be so bashfull!
Two Brothers Racing makes an Excellent product, and I'm not the only one who knows that pal!

Back