Which 2005 bike would ejoy you more??

Hrmm...tough one.

Busa for comfort and insane speed = straight line fun, but also capable in the twisties.

RSV for sweet lines track capability = better twistie capability, but not as insane speed.

Whatever is suited to your riding....both are sweet.

Which one will you be doing more of?

Hi guys, i have lot of thing to post, and above all many thanks to give for your advices. I wanted to post this because i have to leave my city til tomorrow and i am very excited because of your answers. Stay tunned please!! i'll back...

You really should be comparing this bike to the Honda RC51. A supersport V-TWIN is a different class of bike than the Busa. Once you decide on the class of bike, then decide on the best of breed for that class. Having owned and loved and Italian V-Twin, I would say that there were some pretty significant support/service issues. Servicing the bike, getting info on design defects, parts, etc. become an ongoing project with a bike like this. That was a primary reason for me sticking with the big 4. When I had an issue, I wanted to be able to hit the local shop and have it done with in a weekend instead of lingering for months.

Revlis, many thanks for your time, for your experience and for your great debate about my doubt. Sincerelly, you have helped me very much. Just when i rode your lines i realize they were what i was willing to heard from a Pro. Please, let me wait to tell my decision some lines far away.
Also, AS you have noticed I am sure, there is a vast number of busa riders that are... Umm.... Less than Svelt? The Busa serves as an ideal sportbike to haul around all that extra size and bulk.[/QUOTE]
You are right... i noticed.

bs72069
I was looking at the same two bikes back in 2003 to. Only 2 bikes i wanted. I didnt want to wait 4 months for the Aprilia to come out with the restyled 04 so i got the busa. Been happy with my choice. [/QUOTE]
Great! i guess you were looking too for a bike with personality. And finally, no matter what decision we take, both bikes are fantastic. Thanks for the answer, i thought i was the unique with this kind of taste.

BulletTrainHi mate, i think you are my opossite. I don´t care so much about the power and weight itself. I have always thought that is no reason to pay more money for a lighter bike (5-10 kgs) when i can become thiner just those 5 kgs... so i save the money of the bike and earn some money in the supermarket!!!
smile.gif

Ok, out of jokes, i know, I cannot take advantage of the whole 150 hp (or more) of the bikes you said. We all can ride fast in a straight line but personally i know i cannot use the power of the litre japan bikes in any other situation, i am not a professional (neither a semi-professinal).
Actually the Aprilia pretty much got spanked in every aspect by all the big four jap litre bikes in the magazine showdown [/QUOTE]
Sure, but i know riding a Busa i would be spanked by an Aprilia in your hands...
In the other hand, i see that the japan bikes are taking much care about the look, and little by little are becoming sexier with some very good looking designs as the new 2005 gixxer. But i have a CBR 600 and i have finished a little bit tyred of it's look, very similar with other japan ones. I would say i am tyred too of the way an Honda works, so sweet, no vibrations and with an 'electric' behaviour (i'm sure u all know what i mean). Thank BulletTrain, now i am sure what i can't be!!! P)

BigBSBusa Thanks too. I was willing to read your opinion. I am with you, completly. It's all about the rider. Don't care so much the magazines and statistics...

Moondog
Coming from the TL ranks, I can understand the love affair with v-twin sound. If I didn't need to have a comfy 2up machine, I may still have the old TL. Aprillia? Bring it on...hell, why not buy both? Me.....just put a deposit on the 05' Triple speed...due in March. Hooligan bad a** looking naked bike. In black, of course. Will look great in my garage beside the king.[/QUOTE]
I can't afford buying both bikes. But i am sure that aaaaaaaaall the efforts i have been doing during last 2 years to buy one of them will make me enjoy in a special way. Enjoy that naked one!!!! Thanks

TufBusa
My son has a Mille and it has to be the sweetest sounding bike on the market. We can go anywhere in a group of bikes and everyone always hovers around the Aprilia with admiration. [/QUOTE]
That is what i am looking for, and not the 10 mph extra of the busa. A sexy fun bike!!
I'm thinking in your country, the Aprilia is much more popular?[/QUOTE]
Ok, lets see... the busa has very low sales in Spain. Maybe because what Revlis said, our highways are much worse than the national roads of France (for example). And if that isn't enought, i live in the north of Spain where the unevennesses of the mountains makes impossible to have an 2 kms straight road. The local dealer told me that the Busa has an 1 or 2 unit/year sales in my city.
Tha Aprilia/Ducati are a kind of bikes that spanish people don't like too much. I have never understood why, but is very strange to see them while the japan bikes appears kicking a stone of the floor. Maybe in some months i can answer you more deeply. At the end, both bikes have very low sales in spain so, its an extra reason to buy them, because i know they are very worth and difficult to see in the streets. Thanks mate.

busarider54 Yes i will ride with my girlfriend, but we like to do few km, stop, take a no alcoholic drink and go again... no great travels at high speed. With her i don't like to ride over 180 km/h. Thanks.

ChronosWS
The two problems with the RSV are that it will not be comfy without modification, and you are paying much more for the bike than for a Japanese twin of similar capabilities. The RSV is certainly a great bike, but can you justify the premium you'd pay for it over, say, the Suzuki SV1000S or even the Honda RC51? If you have money to burn, by all means, or if you have to have that look, do it. [/QUOTE]
Ok, it's clear i haven't money to burn, maybe next month i will ask my boss for some coins to feed the birds... i will maintain u informed.
Personally, you cannot go wrong with EITHER bike. Whichever one you get you'll find happiness with it (Busa or RSV.) I wouldn't fret too much[/QUOTE]
Finally, i am sure i will enjoy both, that's why much more than a problem is just a decision. Thanks mate.

PacificBusa
Which one will you be doing more of? [/QUOTE]
Insane speed in our highways is like playing roulette with a gun, maybe this one u will survive, but next corner... because yes, spanish highways are plenty of corners (i will post an on board video of our highways, in my servers not to stress this forum). So i will twistie like Ronaldinho (soccer player). Thanks.

MeltDownz
Having owned and loved and Italian V-Twin, I would say that there were some pretty significant support/service issues. Servicing the bike, getting info on design defects, parts, etc. become an ongoing project with a bike like this[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Here, the japan parts are much more expensive than the Aprilia's one. For example, the left main plastic of the Busa is around 800 $ while the Aprilia's one is less than 300 $. Thanks.

So, after thanking everyone for your words, i have to tell that finally you all helped me to take the decision. I will be proud to put hayabusa.org in the plastics of my future bike. And it will be an Aprilia RSV 1000 R 2005 red/black. I will share my Pics, videos and opinions with u all. Thanks again and, long life Busa riders!!!!!!

Last year was my first venture into Italian machines, albeit not my first taste of sporting twins (owned an SV a few years ago). I bought a Ducati Monster S4 Senna, sunk unimaginable amounts of mod money into it, and it rewarded me by breaking three times in the first 1,200 miles of ownership.

Leaking batteries, starter relays frying, electrical gremlins knocking out the clocks, an oil leak, hard starting, etc.

I sold the POS and will never again own a non-Japanese sportbike.

Mass produced and a bit vanilla? I used to think that too, but I have a different perspective after sampling Italian wares.

I look at it as Japanese refinement, build quality, and reliable performance that the pricey to buy (and to fix) pasta rockets cannot compete with.

Besides, you never know from one year to the next if one of these Italian boutique bike makers will be tits up or not. Look what nearly happened to Aprilia last year.

No thanks. I'm a rice grinder for the rest of my life.
cool.gif

I rode the 03 RSV Mille last year and loved it, little different with the twin power plant cause I like in line 4's, brakes were awesome! ( aftermarket pipes are a must though) I would buy one over the Ducati any day. But the Busa would be my first choice.

I'll let you know after the bike show Saturday....the second bike gets decided on then....

Back