Whewwww $1,200 saved lol

The dealer was telling me to replace the chain and front sprocket as well (without even checking them out), it was another $300 so I didn't do it. But my question is A) how do I know if they need replacing and B) how hard is that to do myself?

When i change any sprocket or chain i replace both..they need to wear together..u will get more life out of the sprockets if both are changed..

sent from my busa

The dealer was telling me to replace the chain and front sprocket as well (without even checking them out), it was another $300 so I didn't do it. But my question is A) how do I know if they need replacing and B) how hard is that to do myself?

Was it $300 for parts only or $300 total? Either way is a lot of money, but if that's the parts plus labor it doesn't look that awful

You will need to remove the front sprocket cover to check that, but even then it's hard to even see with the sprocket installed on the bike. The only you can really do is roll the rear tire over when on a stand and make sure all of the teeth are still there and have even looking teeth.

The job is not very hard but making sure you have the right tools goes a long way. Biggest thing you will need to button the whole job up is a chain press tool to secure the masterlink once the chain is on and cut to length

I haven't bought a chain and sprocket set since '07 but I use to pay $200 to the door for that package. Always change them as a set. If the rear was in that kinda shape the chain and front are shot as well. The hub slides into the rear wheel and connects vis the cush drive on the stocker and yes you have to order a kawi rear sprocket for those wheels from memory. Best of luck. Going on 27K with my original chain and sprockets on my '08 and that rear sprocket looks great.

Justin you need one more post sir! make it happen!!!!! :)

Hmmm that sounds dangerous for me, maybe I am beetter off letting them do it. It was $300 for parts and labor

I haven't bought a chain and sprocket set since '07 but I use to pay $200 to the door for that package. Always change them as a set. If the rear was in that kinda shape the chain and front are shot as well. The hub slides into the rear wheel and connects vis the cush drive on the stocker and yes you have to order a kawi rear sprocket for those wheels from memory. Best of luck. Going on 27K with my original chain and sprockets on my '08 and that rear sprocket looks great.

I knew I should have went to the Kawi dealer ARRRGH they always have the best prices on tires but I went to Suzuki cause I thought they would have the procket lol.

Back