Whewwww $1,200 saved lol

Rongotti

Registered
What's up you guys, its been a while! So I took the bike out today to work 83F here in Florida. So I notice it is skipping under high load. I was thinking from what I read that it was my tranny. I was going to pay to get it dropped and back cut. My buddy came out to look at my bike and told me to spray the chain down, when I examined it I noticed my rear sproket is rounded pretty badly and even chipped in some places. New sproket from Amazon and I am straight! :) Ill order it this weekend and fix her up next week, I am so glad it was not something major :please:

You should do the front sprocket, and chain also!

always good to change out the chain with the sprockets...and probably can find as good a deal with one of the site sponsors as you can with Amazon.... plus they will know exactly what you need and what is crap or good :thumbsup: I'd at least give Tim a call or one of the other sponsors before pulling the trigger at Amazon

For it to skip means it must have been slipping on sprocket. It's rounded down enough to allow the chain to slip and skip teeth? When was last time you looked at it?

always good to change out the chain with the sprockets...and probably can find as good a deal with one of the site sponsors as you can with Amazon.... plus they will know exactly what you need and what is crap or good :thumbsup: I'd at least give Tim a call or one of the other sponsors before pulling the trigger at Amazon

+1 on this. Tim or justin can hook you up with top notch parts for great prices.

I could have sworn I checked it a few months ago it did it, but I swear I didn't notice it being rounded off. I never have had this issue before as I have never had a bike with over 7000 miles. I am going to buy a front tire today and hopefully swap the sprocket out tomorrow. I had even forgotten about Sonny sending me an extra sprocket for it :-) sweet!

Do you never clean your chain? That stuff doesnt happen overnight :duh:

I inspect and clean my chain and sprockets weekly and thoroughly before long rides. If you take care of something it takes care of you.

OK, so use kerosene with a rag and a chain brush or tooth brush to clean the chain. You can get a gallon of kerosene at Lowes for just a few bucks. While you are there, pick up some Dupont spray lubricant. You can usually find this on the end cap of the tool section.

Clean the chain regularly, and lube it more than that. This will keep the bike running smooth and quiet as long as you maintain it.

31951d1272251877-chain-slack-dupont-chain-lube.jpg

thank god it wasnt ur tranny. Just gotta check the lil things before every ride and in the long run it will save you some green. :thumbsup:

Ok soooo, Sonny gave me an extra hub not a sproket. I went to the dealer and got two tires and a new sproket installed for $420. Only one problem! My carrezeria wheels don't fit the sprocket. So he had to order one to fit. The old sprocket had only 3 whole teeth remaining :-( the hub on the left side was also not bolted to the wheel. They said I was lucky as hell that it didn't fall off. So it will be there for a week

Back