Where's My Black Betty?

AZRider

Registered
Long story short, years ago I used to own a 2007 solid, black frame & bodywork hayabusa. Mostly stock -- with extremely tasteful tidbits -- complimentary of the 65-year-old, 1-owner, Phoenician Gentleman I bought it from.

Upgraded from an R1 and was living life with my dream bike at 22. You know...college life, lots of girls, trips to the lake, bike nights, all that. Didn't have two nickles to rub together, well because you know...spent it all on getting the bike of my dreams. And when it was 20 degrees and snowing I was still having the time of my life.

Now present day, I ride an 07 yamaha vmax. But since that busa I've been through many bikes...crusisers, sporties, enduros and that o so sweet italia.

Here's where I am at: I'm selling this vmax and gonna get me that bike that did everything so well. When I look back at all the bikes since that '07, I realize the busa is oh-so different. It delivers an ecstatic experience, a bi-polar type of stance between sheer confidence and cool collectivity -- not rivaled by anythig I've ever owned. It gives the most-grins-per-mile-buck of any bike I've ever ridden. Dang I miss Black Betty....

The Black Sabbath is long overdue, if ya'll could help me find my long-lost Black Betty I would be oh so grateful...

We have a black 07' busa for sale at my dealer I work at. HD of Washington DC

Def go gen 2 major upgrades over a gen 1

Tons of nice gen 2 bikes around

I'm familiar with some of the upgrades on the gen 2. I rode a '15 on demo day and really enjoyed the smoothness and refinement of the transmission. It felt like the bike was more flickable than the gen 1 too.

Where do you guys score most of your bikes? Dealers? Ebay? Anyone have good experience with Cycletrader?

Start here lots off good bikes for sale in the classifieds
Wouldn't buy an eBay bike but that's me

Depending on your budget, you might be able to find a new left-over, a year or two old, at a dealer. I know some of the left-over stock has been deeply discounted lately; and Suzuki is offering extended warranty with their new bikes (at least in Canada). I bought a brand new 2012 last year, for $5000 off the list price, with a 5 year warranty.

Thanks for the heads up sugarbear! I've been looking at some old stocks -- 2012s even -- that are still in the $12k range.

Does anyone here have any dealership experience? What do these dealers do with brandnew 4 year old bikes that don't sell? Will theyever advertise a new stock under $10k OTD?

Back