Where to trade watercraft on a Hayabusa?

zZArAZz

Registered
I have been dealing with a local company in Columbus Ohio for about 5 years, and have bought about 15 products from them and have spent over a hundred thousand easily. I recently brought in a pair of 03 XPDI Seadoo's that I bought from them in June of 03 to trade in on a Hayabusa. They only have been ridden once and have about 5 hours total on the hour meters. Show room condition with not even a scratch on them. With a new condition(03) double trailer. Well they have been sitting there for weeks and I am not getting anywhere with them. I spent over $17,000.00 on the watercraft when new, and they are selling the Busas for $10500. I am frustrated and am looking for a new company to deal with. If anyone can suggest a shop that wont screw you around on your trade in and sells jetskiis and Suzuki's, I would really appreciate it. To me it seems like the more I spend at this place the worse I get treated! I would prefer a company within 10 or so hours of Ohio. I believe any shop should offer you a fair trade on a product they have sold you, and refusing trade in's on your product is no way to do business. Especially to a customer that has spent what I have!!!
Please help! Thanks!

Unfortunately, most companies don't deal particularly well with used recreational vehicles (at least not that I have noticed.) You will probably be better off selling the vehicles privately and then buying the bike from them ($10,500 is an ok price for a new Busa.)

I would tend to agree. The name of the game for the dealerships is to move "NEW" product as soon as they can.

At least in the motorcycle / watercraft arena.. different from your regular vehicles.

The best I have seen a dealership do is allow you to sell your stuff at their store and they take a percentage of the sale.

I am not sure but it might have to do with the same attitude I have / had. when it came to the Busa. I was buying brand new, I was not going to buy a used one. I wanted to be the one to trash it, not buy someone else's equipment that was already trashed.

Not saying you cant buy a good used Busa, and probably of all the bikes out their, you have a better chance of getting a good USED Busa than other bikes because I think most of the time when someone sells a Busa, it was because they bought the bike thinking it was what they wanted, then discovered it was way more than they could handle and it scares them to own it. so then they sell it.

so you get a bike that is used, but really has not been ridden much and has never really been pushed much.

Anywho.. I agree with Chronos.. you best option will probably be to sell the water craft out right and take the money to buy the Busa.

I know probably a pain in the rear.. but it not only is probably your best option, it might be your only option.

Good luck

I guess this time of year Jet-skis aren't moving too well in your part of the country. Make your best deal on the Busa now, finance it and pay it off in the spring when you're more likely to be able to sell the Seadoo's.

I just want a new red special edition Hayabusa with a matching helmet..
My problem is mostly storage, I have so much crap and nowhere to keep it indoors..
I will have to pay storage for them or leave my car outside for the winter.. I bought them new and only rode them once for a afternoon. They then sat in my garage untill 2 weeks ago when I brought them to the dealership. They had to make room for a new car.. My wife did not even go over 30 mph on the one! These are as new as a used unit can get... Just have had absolutly no time to ride them with a 1 and a 2 year old.. A busa will fit in my garage behind a car.. The hour meters are recorded by a computer on the XPDI's, any seadoo shop will have a laptop connecter to verify it. I think some of you guys can get a busa w/helmet for under 10 grand? That is a STEAL for my skiis and trailer. Check out the NADA value on them.
Thanks!

No, you meant to say the Busa will fit nicely at the front of the garage, and the car can sit out in the rain because, well, it's a car. Right?
smile.gif

I feel for your dealer...the personal watercraft market is in the toilet and looks to only get worse in the coming season....Polaris recently pulled out of the market altogether. If it's my shop, no way do I want to pay the juice on those 'till the spring or summer rolls around.

Try my dealer here in Vt.
He is both Sea- Doo and Suzuki.
Web site is WWW.LANDAIRVT.COM
all the contact info is there.
You want to talk with Don Erling, he is the owner.

Well I think part of your problem is for a PWC those don't have a lot of demand. I know yours are in fantastic shape. Like new. I get that. But I don't think they could get for the both of them to get you into the Buss. PWC like motorcycles have made some leaps in tech and power since 2003.

Unfortunately, most companies don't deal particularly well with used recreational vehicles (at least not that I have noticed.) You will probably be better off selling the vehicles privately and then buying the bike from them ($10,500 is an ok price for a new Busa.)
My Yamaha of Louisville dealer sells Boats' watercraft, ATV's Suzuki's, and Yamaha's. They have my used black Busa on their floor. Not sure but they may take them on trade.

Back