where to tap in for switched aux power?

redliner100

Registered
newbie busa owner. thought I'd read previously that there is an aux (brown maybe) wire under the right skin.

anyway, if some is willing to share where they tapped in for a source of switched power for low amperage electronic devices I'd be grateful.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Afternoon folks...dunno if you might be able to tell me, but would the spare wire you refer to, be suitable for providing juice to heated grips.....??

Starting to feel the cold here in Dublin....

(Torque of the devil... @ Oct. 09 2006,04:50)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Afternoon folks...dunno if you might be able to tell me, but would the spare wire you refer to, be suitable for providing juice to heated grips.....??

Good question. I would like to know that too.

Any pics of the little bugger?

I don't have any pics, but I saw it last night, just like others said, it's right above the right turn signal in the front under the right dash panel.  Looks like it may be part of the turn signal harness.  Definetly is for the lighting circuit.  The connector looks similar to the turn signal connector.  Wires are fairly small, dunno if they could handle much of a current draw.

Great for GPS or radar, heated (anything) might be a little much.

It is part of the 12V switched system. (on and off with key)

Good luck.

(tpbio @ Oct. 09 2006,13:44)
(Torque of the devil... @ Oct. 09 2006,04:50)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Good question. I would like to know that too.

Any pics of the little bugger?
Anything electrically heated comes with wiring to attach directly to the battery.

Back