Where to stick the inspection sticker

IScream

Registered
I finally got around to cutting my rear fender while I'm waiting for some parts to come in.  I can figure out a way to mount the license plate but I'm not sure where to put the inspection sticker so it isn't too ugly.

Any of you Texas guys have ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

You can just get you an inspection plate to go behind your license plate. About 5.00 at cyclegear or just about any cycle shop.

Are you going to the meet this weekend?

I was wondering the same thing. I have this big ol plate back there with the license and inpection underneath it.

On my Yamaha, I still put it on the swingarm, I would never disgrace my baby like that though. Another thing you can do is get a metal plate to put it on and drill a hole in it. Attach it to the exhaust hanger on the passenger pegs. That way it isn't stuck somewhere on the bike so you can't move it.

the dealerships have premade plates that will attach where your license plate attaches. I actually rode my bike for the 1st year without the inspection sticker visible. I kept it in my hump and never got hassled about it. I have it displayed now though on one of those plates i mentioned from the dealer... this is the best picture i have of it...

IMG_0525.jpg

I wonder what the law is? Can you just laminate it and throw it in your tool kit?

(Sloto200 @ May 30 2007,22:59) the dealerships have premade plates that will attach where your license plate attaches.  I actually rode my bike for the 1st year without the inspection sticker visible.  I kept it in my hump and never got hassled about it.  I have it displayed now though on one of those plates i mentioned from the dealer...  this is the best picture i have of it...
Yep, I have one of those plates that came with the bike. I just don't really care for the way it looks and would like to hear if others have found a better way.

I'm also curious what the actual law is regarding display of the inspection sticker.

I have a black and silver 05 just like that, by the way. Still have the stock exhaust on mine though.

-Chris

(jaschil69 @ May 30 2007,22:40) You can just get you an inspection plate to go behind your license plate. About 5.00 at cyclegear or just about any cycle shop.

Are you going to the meet this weekend?
I would love to go but I'm about 2 weeks away from having my bike back on the road.

-Chris

If i'm not mistaken it has to be displayed so that it can be seen from the rear of the bike... just like the license plate. Dont quote me on that though...

Back