where to mount horn?  Help anyone?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok I could not resist.... 139 decibel horn? got to have one so I ordered it..

Dilema... just where to mount the thing. this is the Stebel Nautilus and it looks like there is not enough clearance between the front fender and the horn if I mount it in the approximate original location..

Surely someone has a great spot for this thing right?/?

I could put it in the hump I suppose but sure seems like it should fit up front SOMEWHERE.......

Please tell me the fix before I over engineer this thing
smile.gif

I am not sure what your horn looks like, but most modify the stock location for the bad boy horn. I have dual horns, here's where I put them:

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

beerchug.gif

it is not "small" and this is the stock horn side by side with it. I think I can get it into the same spot as the stock was but it appears that the front fender will contact as soon as the suspension gets near bottomed out.

horn1.jpg

horn2.jpg

So just how much impact are the ram air tubes on these motors are lower speeds? Does the motor pick up too much hot air from around the bike if I remove one of the ducts?

I just do not know where else I can pack the horn on here without subjecting it to excessive heat from the header (mounting off the main frame on the right side fits but is pretty close to the header)

I think USN05LE has the same horn mounted in the stock location...

Shoot him a PM -

I have the WOLO air horn, looks just exactly like the one you pictured. I was going to mount mine in stock location but I could not find a decent way to keep it there, I ended up mounting mine under the right side inner plastic right on top of the right side ram tube it works perfect.
super.gif

Well after speaking with USN05LE, I opted to bend the OE bracket and install in the OE spot.

This looks a bit precarious and like there will be impact with the front fender but after installing and doing a little bit of testing (stops with various braking force) It appears that there is at least 1/4 inch of clearance at all but panic braking levels. Close but no contact.... SO we shall leave it there for now and see how life goes

The fun factor is the car driving along in a fog (mental) with no awareness.... (make sure you are out of the "swerve" zone) and waking up the driver.

You will need to find a couple alternate routes as road rage seems to be a secondary response to waking up behind the wheel I guess
smile.gif
what a hoot..

Back