Where to install the Scorpio MCM

Busaman1963

Registered
Hi all, new to the forum, just picked up my new 08 Busa and about to install a scorpio alarm. Can anyone tell me where to install the Main Control Module (MCM) and possibly show me a pic ? Greatly appreciated.
Neil-

I strapped mine on top of the ECM under the seat. Which model scorpio did you get? I have the I900.

I have the i-600 mounted in my 'Busa tucked behind the right turn signal "pod". I have it zip-tied to the subframe horizontally. The rear end plastic comes off super easy, and in one piece.

I chose to place it there, as one of the first places a thief may look is under the seat (battery). It's out of the way, and close to the rear turn signal harness for a nice clean, and inconspicuous install.

You could also pull the nose and stuff it anywhere you wanted, there is plenty of room up there.

I just installed an i-900 on my Concours-14, and pretty much used the same ideas. The only difference is that you should keep the RFID antennae as far as practical from any source of RF interference. The antannae on the i-600 is more forgiving, but the range will probably be reduced if you route it along a metal support like I chose to.

One side note: The battery life in the remote is not all that great. Remember to keep the remote charged. Like a cell phone, the more interference the remote encounters, the shorter the battery life. When feasible, I will arm the alarm, and turn the remote off. The battery will last longer, especially on a longer ride where you will be arming/disarming the system, and using the pager feature. The downside is that if someone was to tamper with the bike, I wouldn't get the benefit of having the remote notify me. The work-around? Simple, layers of security, and whenever possible, park it where you can see it.

Last edited:
Haven't taken the tail section of the 08 yet, but on the Gen1 I installed mine on the leftside of the tail section (near the rectifier). Like I said haven't opened the Gen2 yet, so don't know if there is a space issue. Also velcroed the perimeter sensor to the ECM.

Thanks guys, I will try under the seat since it seems pretty easy to install it there although it seems like there is not much room there, but if Test_Eng did then I guess it should fit. Mine will arrive tomorrow via UPS so just getting my game plan down !!! I just went with the simple i300 and figure it is better than having nothing. Had nothing to do with the extra few bucks for the other models but I didnt want to have to deal with charging the remote since my bike is either in my garage or in my secured underground parking space at work.

Put my I900 behind left side tail section. Fits nicely between the upper and lower frames.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I will try under the seat since it seems pretty easy to install it there although it seems like there is not much room there, but if Test_Eng did then I guess it should fit. Mine will arrive tomorrow via UPS so just getting my game plan down !!! I just went with the simple i300 and figure it is better than having nothing. Had nothing to do with the extra few bucks for the other models but I didnt want to have to deal with charging the remote since my bike is either in my garage or in my secured underground parking space at work.

Looks like you got it covered but, one thing , the old remotes eat batteries so keep extras handy. I don't even put a battery in until I need to arm it.
Just noticed the i300 doesn't have the lcd display so it might not eat batteries so much, probably a good choice just for that reason.

Last edited:
Heres the Pics you asked for:

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0163.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else.

Back