Where to Go?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
So I'm planning a 3-day trip this weekend. I was going to the Tail of the Dragon and get the Bismark her dragon sticker. But looks like iffy weather. So I then looked at the back of the dragon, haven't been there but hear it's better than the Tail in many ways, though less technical. One day with rough weather forecasts but it's my day there at the Dragon. I am starting to realize that it's going to rain on any trip I plan these days because those weeks of sunshine are few and far between lately. I actually don't mind riding in the rain, especially with a big screen in front of you and every slip/traction control circuit made on the bike. But it's just not fun to putt around on back roads in the rain. Do want to see the Back of the Dragon and see if it's worth bring the Busa back.

So I'm planning a 3-day trip this weekend. I was going to the Tail of the Dragon and get the Bismark her dragon sticker. But looks like iffy weather. So I then looked at the back of the dragon, haven't been there but hear it's better than the Tail in many ways, though less technical. One day with rough weather forecasts but it's my day there at the Dragon. I am starting to realize that it's going to rain on any trip I plan these days because those weeks of sunshine are few and far between lately. I actually don't mind riding in the rain, especially with a big screen in front of you and every slip/traction control circuit made on the bike. But it's just not fun to putt around on back roads in the rain. Do want to see the Back of the Dragon and see if it's worth bring the Busa back.
is this "tail of the dragon" some kinda weird sex cult?

The Tail of the Dragon is probably one of the best motorcycle trips you will ever take. One thing: the dragon itself - 500+ turns in 11 miles - is great, once or twice. You want to hit all the surrounding roads, like the Cherahola Skyway, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are so many other roads surrounding this area that you can spend a week there and not ride them all . . .

The Tail of the Dragon is probably one of the best motorcycle trips you will ever take. One thing: the dragon itself - 500+ turns in 11 miles - is great, once or twice. You want to hit all the surrounding roads, like the Cherahola Skyway, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are so many other roads surrounding this area that you can spend a week there and not ride them all . . .
frank.. u only take 1 week vacation a year... do u teleport down to the dragon? do u have a helicopter and ure holding out on me???? what is happening and why cant I find any g-damn time.

Yes, been there 3-4 times and surrounding roads are amazing. The Back of the Dragon is in Virginia, near Tazewell (route 16). Supposed to be similar.

If you happen to make it into Georgia one trip, I'll show you around our curvy roads. Plenty of fun to be had in our mountains.

Back