Where to get master link?

yzguyfl

Registered
I just put on a new EK 530 zzz chain, and I thought it came with a master link, but it did not...
so for now I was forced to reuse the crappy clip style.
I did get the master link crimp tool.
so where is a good place to get a crimp style master link?
(I know there are a lot around, but not sure how to tell the difference between the crap and something good)

Why not just stay with the clip link? I've been running one for going on 4 seasons without issue, 2 of which were on a 240 rear.

Why not just stay with the clip link? I've been running one for going on 4 seasons without issue, 2 of which were on a 240 rear.

just had one fail while riding. Never had one fail before on other bikes, but I never had busa before either!
luckily nothing bad happened when it let go, and I could even reuse the chain with a new link for a bit, but now I have a new good chain, and I'd rather upgrade the link.

the clip fell off, then the outside plate worked loose, and then the inner plate bent, letting the chain come apart (bent master was still on the chain, wedged in the front sprocket). Nothing was broken on the link, the clip just fell off. not sure how, and yes it was on the correct direction (I did not install it, but did check that before hand).

Back