Where to get 'Busa mapped/dyno'ed

Pit Bull

Registered
Can anyone tell me or recomend where to take the 'Busa to have a custom map made near where I'm at in Michigan - someone EXPERIENCED with 'Busa's (and reputable too doesn't hurt!). Figure this is the way to go with the Pipe, pc-2, and airbox mod.
Thanks in advance for the info.

Pit Bull

You can go to power commanders website. There is a list on there of all of the trained dynojet tuners. I looked yesterday and found a couple of them around here and called them to see if they knew what they were doing and look at some of there previous work. The best one in my opinion is about an hour from me and charges 200 for a custom map. He said that it could take from 1-5 hours to do it. They go through every rpm range and tune it to 13.2 -1 air/fuel ratio. I am going to go next week and get it done, I will post results from that.

Rich , Find another tuner if that is the number they are setting them at you will get crappy gas milage and low HP
That is the exact reason why I am coming see you on my next 7-days off. By then, I will have the new full exhaust on.
race.gif
bowdown.gif

Ok JC, thanks for the info. What should I be looking for?? What should they be setting it at?

If you don't live by one of the good tuners, I would recommend traveling to have it done.

If you are close to stock it isn't that big of a deal but if you are heavily modded it is the only option for optimal performance gains!

PitBull,

I don't know how far you are from Cleveland OH but the MOTORHEAD is probably your best bet.

Anyone else in the MI, OH, IN area that recommends anyone else? If you happen to be vacationing in TEXAS, give JohnnyCheese a call!
biggrin.gif

I don't have any crazy motor mods done. I have a 4-2-1 hi mount yosh, full airbox mod, bmc race filter, pair valve removed, pcIIIr. But I am going to be running a 40 shot. I just want to make sure everything is right.

Ok JC, thanks for the info.  What should I be looking for??  What should they be setting it at?
14:1 for gas mileage and lower than 13.2 for power different TPS and Rpm require different A/F's This is the main reason the tuning link sucks and I refuse to use one. before you go find others that have had theirs done there and what it turned out like and who tuned it not the shop

But I am going to be running a 40 shot.  
Rich,

I wouldn't run the Spray without having a custom tune done. If you can't get to Johnny, make sure you have someone that has done more than just one or two bikes with your setup.

Make sure it's set up right before you hit the button. You don't want to be rebuilding your motor in the middle of summer riding!

Josh
blues.gif

PitBull,

I don't know how far you are from Cleveland OH but the MOTORHEAD is probably your best bet.  

Anyone else in the MI, OH, IN area that recommends anyone else?  If you happen to be vacationing in TEXAS, give JohnnyCheese a call!  
biggrin.gif
Thanks Got-Busa for the reply. I posted the same request over on his site & he replied to it. I'm just waiting on getting my chain & stuff from Silvio at allied barter - it's been 24 days & counting, he promised that I'd have my stuff sooner, but didn't, and has now promised to have my stuff to me by Wed. of this week - I won't hold my breath.
As soon as I get the chain & get an appointment with motorhead, I'll be there.

Pit Bull

Back