Where to find info on actual weight of different tires

hellbent

Registered
I'm going to be buying a dedicated track only wheel and tire set up for the next drag season and I can't seem to get any solid numbers on the weight of different brands/models of tires. General consensus is that shinko's are heavy and drag et's are light. I don't build my bikes off rumor or roundabout #s. I've been to 3 local stores hear in vegas and no one even knew where to get the info. The manufacture's websites don't seem to offer any info either. Unless somebody has a direction to point me in, I'm about to go to the dealer and hang all the tires on my fish scale and weigh them all myself. Also as a side note, I read a thread on hear that the '06 gsxr 1000 rear wheel I'm gonna use is about a 4 lb. weight savings but I can't seem to be able to confirm that either. Somebody here has to have the scoop on the hard facts and #s

I did just find the approx. weights of the tires according to the factory. A 190 shinko weighs 14 pounds and a 190 mickey thompson et weighs 11 pounds. Also found out the avon storm that I'm using now weighs 17 lbs (200 wide). So no matter what I'm looking at a weight reduction. Still could use some help on those wheel specs if any body knows.

Back