Where to find a 6inch over or shorter 300 tire kit?

HellSpawn21

Registered
I have a 08 Busa and after my last deployment to Iraq I finally saved enough money to buy a 300 fat tire kit for my bike. I want a 300 fat tire kit but I dont want to go over a 6inch over swingarm. I would rather have a 4inch over. Does anyone know who makes kits this short? Thanks

SB Customs just started making a 5.5 inch 300. We're looking into a 240 kit from them for wife's Busa. Had our rearsets and pass/pegs powdercoated by them, nice job ..

Thanks! I checked out SB Customs and they had a pretty good deal going for a 6 inch over, but has anybody heard of someone doing a 300 OSD, not a single sided?

Check with Roaring Toyz, i just read a post on fb where Jason Stair from Vortex said he's running a RT 300 OSD on his Busa...

Thanks I just called roaring toyz and they told me that they are offering the OSD kit with a 300 tire! I asked if the kit would be cheaper with a 300 instead of the 330 but they told me it would still cost the same. :unhappy:I appreciate all the help.

Thanks I just called roaring toyz and they told me that they are offering the OSD kit with a 300 tire! I asked if the kit would be cheaper with a 300 instead of the 330 but they told me it would still cost the same. :unhappy:I appreciate all the help.

yea, all the expensive parts are the same. they just use different spacers. i would either go 330 or 240 imho

The 330 is 17" diameter where the 300 is 18" diameter. 240 is also a 18" diameter. so the 330 will look fatter because there is less arch in the tire.

Why 240 or 330?

240 is the widest you can go without jackshafts or osd

330 is what fits the osd without the spacers. this was discussed before when i was thinking about going 330 so i may be wrong but basically youll be running a 330 setup with a 300 wheel so they use big spacers to line everything up.

i wouldnt ever use jackshafts. just imho, there are people here that think they are awesome, but adding moving parts and unnecessary adjustment are out in my book no matter how reliable they are. all ive ever seen or hear is people that either dont ride or show bikes that dont have a problem with them.

Agree. A osd 300 is actually 330 arm with 300 wheel. If you're paying for bigger size , might as well use it unless 330 look is bigger than you want. Jackshafts have gotten better but make sure from a reputable builder. You get what you pay for...

Dude just get the 330 OSD kit & arm at 6" it is what you wanted in your first post. then you can look for 300 w/ 330 hubs or 330 rim set (the hard part will be finding a set of wheels to flow with your bike).

On the 08 Busa we prefer the 330 as it is a 17" diameter wheel so the tire profile is smaller. The 08-up busas have the tail coming back down which limits tail-tire clearance. The 300 tire while being an 18" tire does have a rounder profile and will allow the bike to turn better than the 330. The 300 will require keeping the rear end of the bike higher for clearance. This will also improve cornering as the higher the rear end sits the quicker the bike will steer. It is best to call us and talk through excatly what you are looking to accomplish so we can steer you to the best set up for your application. We work very hard to make quality parts that ride well.
We have great set ups for wide tire conversions that will allow for the best handling fat tire bikes available. There are many combinations to work through to accomplish the best ride. This includes wheel/tire size, swingarm legth, shock and suspension set up, motorcycle geometry. There are a lot of people out there making fat tire parts but not a lot with the experience to provide a great riding safe motorcycle. Let us help you make your bike look great while retaining as much performance and safty as possible!

I tried going to roaring toyz for my 240 kit for my 08 but they never answered my msg or emails or even returned my phone call. Business must be good to not have to try and sell parts. ??? Sad part was would have been one of the easier transactions for them, already knew what I wanted just had to give them credit card info. hahaha. Ended up buying from Josh at BALL Z! Great people to deal with over there!

Back