Where to buy a hand slider clutch?

You're gonna have to tune it for your setup regardless, I'd say getting a used one would be best, if you can find one. I've never been able to find one when I have the funds, but they do come up for sale from time to time.

I've heard of a slider or centrifugal clutch, but I don't think I've heard it called a hand slider. My Zuma has a version of it :)

Looking to upgrade from my stock hand clutch to a hand slider. Do I buy a used one and try dialing it in or buy a new one? Anything I should look for when buying new or used?
"hand slider"? Are you talking about a true slider clutch? Or the air cylinder you can attach to your clutch lever?

I like the Hays Revolution and have two of them. I am running his initial tune in both of them and best 60's are 1.22 on the 68" non-cut rail bike and 1.20 on the 70" cut rail bike. I need to add more power to both bikes to get into the teens and I'm confident it won't be a problem, at least for the longer bike. The MTC Gen2 is also popular especially with the turbo guys as I've heard it flashes higher on the launch easier than the Hays which is a good thing for building boost. I have no experience with it just what I'm told.

I like the Hays Revolution and have two of them. I am running his initial tune in both of them and best 60's are 1.22 on the 68" non-cut rail bike and 1.20 on the 70" cut rail bike. I need to add more power to both bikes to get into the teens and I'm confident it won't be a problem, at least for the longer bike. The MTC Gen2 is also popular especially with the turbo guys as I've heard it flashes higher on the launch easier than the Hays which is a good thing for building boost. I have no experience with it just what I'm told.
I've heard that the Hays is difficult to set up, and that Tim is hard to get hold of, but I've also heard the opposite of both those. From your experience, which is true?

The Hays is easy to set up, and Tim responds well to text messages. The "difficult" could be people changing the tune and not getting the results they want. I spent a couple seasons tuning my Rock Solid (same as a Revolution) and found tuning to not be very productive. Eventually I figured out what to do to make the bikes work as the clutch was doing what it was supposed to do already.

The Hays is easy to set up, and Tim responds well to text messages. The "difficult" could be people changing the tune and not getting the results they want. I spent a couple seasons tuning my Rock Solid (same as a Revolution) and found tuning to not be very productive. Eventually I figured out what to do to make the bikes work as the clutch was doing what it was supposed to do already.
Thank you.

Hay Dennis I was give two different initial tune's for my Revolution could you tell me what your is so I can use the correct one.

I’m talking about a slider clutch that you still operate with the handle bar clutch lever
A hand slider and full slider are the same thing overall. You don’t launch the bike with the lever. You set the stall speed just like a slider. Only thing is with a hand slider, if things go fubar during the run, you can pull the lever in as a last ditch effort.

side note: is a weird feeling putting a bike in gear without pulling the clutch in.

A hand slider and full slider are the same thing overall. You don’t launch the bike with the lever. You set the stall speed just like a slider. Only thing is with a hand slider, if things go fubar during the run, you can pull the lever in as a last ditch effort.

side note: is a weird feeling putting a bike in gear without pulling the clutch in.
Is a hand slider streetable?

A hand slider like a Hays Revolution or MTC Gen-2 is launched with the lever. The clutch has static pressure and when you let the lever out the bike will move. A hand slider can be ridden back to the pits easily using the static pressure; it doesn't need the rev-and-lurch method a slider requires to ride back.

Depending on how the clutch is set (weight) you may not be able to pull the lever during or immediately after a run.

Dennis, can you pull the dynamic springs and add static if you need to? That was the only effective thing i could do with the convertible, set it up for normal single stage lockup. Just pull the dynamic springs and put 6 orange springs under the hat. Talking about the gen 2

Back