Where to buy a hand slider clutch?

Dennis, can you pull the dynamic springs and add static if you need to? That was the only effective thing i could do with the convertible, set it up for normal single stage lockup. Just pull the dynamic springs and put 6 orange springs under the hat. Talking about the gen 2
I really don't know. I would think with no dynamic springs the clutch lever would get heavy real fast. It could get ugly when the rpm's rip the lever from your hand and slam the clutch tight.

I talked to Kevin for about 45 mins today. This thing is nowhere near as complicated as the convertible. However, the static springs only provide ,110lbs where as the busa stock is 240. Removing the dynamic springs still makes a void between say idle and 4kish (with no shims on static and say a washer on either side). so yes, you are right, this isn't a very street play friendly clutch although you could shim the static to high hell and simply use the air shifter all the time fwiw and not ideal. But you could go to the store or fart around with just the straight static springs and no dynamics. even adding washers with no shims and no dynamics isn't going to make it come in any sooner and its going to make the lever even harder to get in. So no, with the gen 2 mtc its a track clutch that can make "work" for street riding. I wouldn't gun it in low rpm and I wouldn't try to pull the lever in at high rpm. From his explanation, the dynamic springs are pretty straightforward as far as setting up for track 60' dial in. Sounds like the easiest one by comparison.

With the convertible I put 280lbs static under the hat, no washers just bolts and nuts on the arms and no dynamics and i could ride anywhere. i had to launch at under 2kish which is a sure fire way to lose from a dig with a boosted bike (which sucks to race on unprepped anyway) and you could get the lever in at 9-10k but it wasnt easy. You could ride around all day like a cruiser bike and get no wear at all on the pack though if you wanted to sight see

I talked to Kevin for about 45 mins today. This thing is nowhere near as complicated as the convertible. However, the static springs only provide ,110lbs where as the busa stock is 240. Removing the dynamic springs still makes a void between say idle and 4kish (with no shims on static and say a washer on either side). so yes, you are right, this isn't a very street play friendly clutch although you could shim the static to high hell and simply use the air shifter all the time fwiw and not ideal. But you could go to the store or fart around with just the straight static springs and no dynamics. even adding washers with no shims and no dynamics isn't going to make it come in any sooner and its going to make the lever even harder to get in. So no, with the gen 2 mtc its a track clutch that can make "work" for street riding. I wouldn't gun it in low rpm and I wouldn't try to pull the lever in at high rpm. From his explanation, the dynamic springs are pretty straightforward as far as setting up for track 60' dial in. Sounds like the easiest one by comparison.
I don't think any are easier to work with than the Hays Revolution. The Gen2 might respond better/different in specific circumstances … I don't know … but the actual effort to work on it is very easy.

I don't think any are easier to work with than the Hays Revolution. The Gen2 might respond better/different in specific circumstances … I don't know … but the actual effort to work on it is very easy.
Possibly and it might be more streetable with the screws to tighten the static pretty quickly. Nothing willhelp get the lever in on any of these even a single stage (at wheelspeed) at high rpm. Every one of them is a compromise in a way. But what are we compromising on? a bike that really is too much for the street anyhow? With HD springs I can ride my 220 horse 1441 and get insane in Mexico. So long as its a shinko and at about 20psi. And as long as there is no traffic or stoplights, it heats up quick. For a real reliable and stupid fast street bike id say one of the new 1ks cant be beat, look at what Chris Moore did with a 2020 stock motor zx10. I cant beat those times with my gen2 zx14. I cant. Its just not happening.

Back