Where is the VIN on my 05?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
In order to get license plates I have to show them the VIN on my bike, and I haven't got a clue where it is. I looked in all the spots I could think of. Surely you don't have to take plastic off to find it?

vin.JPG

It is also stamped into the frame near the neck (throttle side)
biggrin.gif

Thanks again guys.

When you get your vehicles retitled and get new plates in Idaho, they check the VIN on the bike against the title. Normally, you bring however many vehicles you have and they check it at the court house.

I mentioned that 15 degrees with patchy snow and ice made it tough to bring the bike. They said no problem and gave me a phone number to call at the sheriff's department. An hour later a deputy came to my house and compared the VIN to the title and gave me a document to take back for a new title and plates. I thought that was pretty considerate, especially since I had the bike up on stands and tucked into a corner.

They don't have inspection stickers here, so I am really considering cutting the stock fender down and relocating the plate holder up.

It's really pretty here. Attached is a shot from my front yard. The clutter in the foreground is new housing being built. I'm getting anxious for Spring. There are many miles of empty road to explore.

View_from_my_front_lawn.jpg

Big change from north Texas! Glad you are enjoying it! It does look pretty up there... mountains are something that i'm not used to seeing here in north Texas...

Back