Where is the turn signal flasher located?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I'm thinking about getting one of the Kisan turn signal cancellers. It's a plug and play item.

Anyone have a problem with this product?

The turn signal flasher box is next to the fuses. It and the side stand relay are the same box.

OK, I went to my owners manual to see how to get at the fuse box. They have the crappiest diagrams, they look like they were drawn by a six year old.

They show two screws that need to come out and I see those. They also refer to removing a push pin, which I can't locate. Their line just goes to the middle of the small panel and I don't see anything there.

Is it inside after you remove the screws?

DSC05752.jpg

(FAVahalik @ Jul. 02 2007,18:35) OK, I went to my owners manual to see how to get at the fuse box.  They have the crappiest diagrams, they look like they were drawn by a six year old.  

They show two screws that need to come out and I see those.  They also refer to removing a push pin, which I can't locate.  Their line just goes to the middle of the small panel and I don't see anything there.

Is it inside after you remove the screws?
The push rivet is at the top of the inner pannel up by the windscreen.

I really appreciate your help. It looks like the relay is a two pronged one (I just see a + and a -).

I found the rivet. It's the same one that you have to pop to get at the other side of the windshield fastener.

Putting in the turn signal timer should be easy. It just pops into the same place that the relay goes. It has dip switches to switch between 15, 30, and 45 seconds. If I don't like the way it works, I can put the OEM relay back.

You're right. It's just a two lead flasher. I actually have a standard automotive flasher wired into mine.

DSCN0025.JPG

did something similar to mine, added an electronic flasher (found on ebay for $15 or so)... works great though the warnings don't work anymore... no biggy, i don't normally use'em.

also it's said that a flasher is better than putting a load resistor (that could potentially overload the circuit and fry it).
don't know it it's true but they're both about the same price.

(samw5 @ Jul. 07 2007,09:45) did something similar to mine, added an electronic flasher (found on ebay for $15 or so)... works great though the warnings don't work anymore... no biggy, i don't normally use'em.

also it's said that a flasher is better than putting a load resistor (that could potentially overload the circuit and fry it).
don't know it it's true but they're both about the same price.
I don't follow about the load resistor. Could you say more about the differences?

Back