Where Does This Bolt Go?

DDT

Registered
I took my 99 apart to rebuild fuel injection system after letting gasoline sit too long without running.

I seem to know where every bolt goes, but I ended up with an extra one. It is a dark gray semi glossy finish. It has a finish similar to some other hayabusa bolts. I have looked through parts diagrams, but I cannot seem to figure out where it goes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here is the bolt:

About 2 inches long and looks like an M5 thread.

On the left or right side controls, underneath. You know, the place you put your hands where the buttons are located.

All the screw on the handle bar controls are there. They also look more like an M4 than an M5 (they are slightly smaller than the screw I have).

I was almost wondering how senile I was getting because I didnt remember touching anything on the controls.

Only took apart gas tank/air box/fuel pump/injectors.

You ever seen Ford vs Ferrari? Maybe someone dropped a screw when you weren’t looking. :laugh:

I feel really stupid now.

This was the right answer. But the someone was me.

It is a screw from a different bike's airbox. I should not work on more than one thing at a time. I guess it just confused me because two different brands of bikes (Suzuki and Yamaha) have the same gray finish on bolts. Don't know how that bolt got from one side of the garage to the other...

I knew once I asked, i would find something stupid I did...

Back