Where can I get Exhaust gaskets, quick?

OB_OkcBusa

Registered
Has anyone found a source for exhaust gaskets? I purchased a full micron system and have had problems with one port leaking, I used the original gaskets at first(only because I couldn't find new ones). Suzuki is supposed to have some within a couple of weeks, but I really want to be "Abusing the road quicker"!

You're in OKC?!! Excellent! I'm in Ardmore and there aren't too many of us from OK that have found each other yet. There are bike races next month at Thunder Valley and one of the KC Busa owners and I are meeting up. Any chance you would like to join us? LEt me know. Sorry I can't provide any info on gaskets - hopefully someone will come forward but I will tell you that you aren't the first owner to be waiting on a backordered Busa gasket.

PS - There is also an AMA race in Hallett, OK next weekend that I'm going to if you are interested but that is kind of short notice I know.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 18 August 1999).]

Todd, Good to know there are others around. Myself and a large group are riding up to hallet for the race, I believe everyone is meeting at 8:00A.m. at I-35 and Hwy.66 at the church parking lot. Come along so I have someone to keep up with me.

I guess I'll have to look for you at the races since I'm heading up to Tulsa on Friday night. My parents live there and have a nice bed for me to spend Frd, Sat night in. Then early Sat morning I'm heading to the races with a friend from Jenks (Tulsa suburb) who owns an XX. My 99' Busa is copper/silver (until my 2000 comes in) I'll probably be looking for any Busas I see at the races and I will be there all day Sat, Sun so hopefully we'll cross paths.

See Bob on this board ..he told me last week that he had 2 sets of exhaust gaskets..maybe he will help you out since you are in a time pinch.

Pretty Weird Chris--we posted the repsonse at the same time.
Anyway, they screwed up and I only received one set, but I'll still help out.

Bob

One of the dealers around here said that they are a standard Suzuki gasket.. Is this true? I'm going to need some if my exhaust ever comes in..

Sabor

Bob, I would love any help I can get at this point. Please feel free to E-mail me at Bassoxt2@aol.com. I would buy or replace any gaskets...I know there in short supply so I understand if you don't wan't to part with them. Thanks

Sabor, It is my understanding these gaskets are unique for the Hayabusa. I have compared them to a few other models (GSXR600). I have spoken to Suzuki, they have a shipment due in next week. I also spent the day calling around to Numerous shops accross the country, all with the same answer (none in stock). I would recomend you order them asap. They should retail for $6.00 each. Save time and wait for gaskets before installing headers
Good Luck

I posted the lack of exhaust gaskets over a month ago. If you order them with UPS blue label shipping the wharehouse will give your order priority over other orders.

If you order a full motor gasket set you will get all gaskets includeing exhaust gaskets. It will cost you about $150, but if you are goung to do any serious motor work you will be needing the other gaskets anyway(pay now or pay later). These full gasket sets are readily available from the wharehouses. In the mean time order a replacement set of gaskets to put back in the full set for when you do your motor this winter.

Bring one of your stock exhaust gaskets in to a Yamaha dealer and ask them to match it up. Yamaha has a thick gasket simlar to the Suzuki's that's identical dimension. I'll see if I can find the part number and post later but I tossed the invoice so it's not likely.

Rob

Bob, it is the American way. For some this is a profession and you may be happy just to be able to get them.

As I said a month ago in an earlier topic, I told everybody about the gasket shortage then. I myself would have to say that Marty is helping others, any profit I am sure does not hardly cover his time or gasoline. Be happy they are available. For most people pipes were ordered weeks or months in advance, and nobody expected a gasket shortage at the time of ordering a pipe.

Marty at Dragbike.com posted to the Busa mailing list saying they have several sets in stock after buying a lot to prevent waiting for backorders. He posted $6.99 each.

I sent mine to okc he will have them today.
Should we thank Marty for hoarding all of the gaskets? This is why the rest of us are waiting. Marty is also charging more.
Enterprise in America.
Bob

For you that might be going to the races in Hallett, OK this weekend, stop by and say hi. I'll be in Shane Clarke's pits (#119).
I won't on my busa....... :(

Hey -

Think I saw the editor of Dragbike magazine posting on the Busa list that he has a bunch of ex. gaskets for sale. Check it out.

- Jason

I just want to thank Bob and everybody else for the suggestions and help. I receive gaskests from Bob yesterday. Today I ride...No leaks! I did install heavier duty flanges on #2 & #3 connetecting pipes. I intailly had a leak on #3 up at the port. After grunting it tight its gone. Micron supplied the heavy duty flanges (they still bowed a little when tightend). Thanks again everybody.

i hear that k&l does has a supply of copper gaskets but you guys have to measure them before you call and they should be able to supply them.

Back