Where can I buy a chrome pressure plate?

georgebusa17

Registered
I have two questions, one I am looking to buy a chrome pressure plate, I purchased a clear chrome clutch cover, but now the plate needs some chrome. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? Second question, has anyone seen a clear stator cover?

why would you want a clear stator cover? nothing but a big damn magnet in there and just take the "pressure plate" and get it chromed if thats what you want..

i was working on the stator cover, i found its almost impossible to do the factory one, i think its possible on a flat aftermarket.

i would give it some serious thought about the chrome hub, i am not sure if the chrome can withstand all its going to get throwed at it and stay on the hub. i would hate for it to break loose and get jammed up in the oil pump.

anodizing is about the best i can think of doing to the hub and still be safe

chrome the pressure plate,say goodbye to your motor..it will flake off,and chew your motor to pieces...even tiny particles will do damage...

did a kawi awhile back, polished it, taped off a design, media blasted the design, used and industrial strength sharpie and colored the desin....a bit faded but still viewable. Probably would need redone yearly (but odds are so will your polishing job)

leave it alone, much too dangerous to modify at all, lets say you polish it and one side is ground down more than the other, now the plate is off balance and your screwed, chrome it and like was already said flakes can hurt the motor big time. too much of a risk in my opinion!

They have chrome powdercaoting now that looks great . Chrome might flake off .

Polish it, then have it anodised.
beerchug.gif

p coat will come off also........oil and heat will deteriorate it fast...
I've never seen powderr coating come off on anything . My dads daily driver car has apowder coated block and I know people with mid pipes on their bikes with no problems . Where have you seen this happen?

I can have it powdercoated chrome also..have them in stock if you wanna ride till it's done...

i had one that i had powdercoated, did not like the color, it took me about an hour to stip the stuff off the plate, i never thought it would be that tuff.

I have seen it on a busa, it looked like it was blue anodized, I need to look in the internet; someone has to sell it out there!

Back