Where are the Busas?

bjewell

Registered
I sold my '07 two years ago. I loved that bike, put 8800 miles on it in a little more than a year. But pushing 70, my knees just couldn't take it anymore. I've had one replaced, next one will be in November.

I still ride -- the Dark Side -- and out on the road I've noticed something curious: I almost never see a Hayabusa. And I do look for them cause I think they are about as great as any bike made from any era, especially the first generation like mine. They are the coolest bikes on the planet.

I live in Sacramento. Am I the only one not seeing them? Maybe I need my eyes checked... -L- Seriously, I used to see one or two a week in my travels around town or on the freeway but it has been many months since I last spotted one.

i see a few around here (more over in St. Louis than on the IL side of the River though)...if i ever make it to Sacramento, i'll try to make a run through your neighborhood :thumbsup:

Yeah even when I go 2 bike nights I'm 1 of the few if only busa there...??

The only place I see them on the regular is CL ???

They are pretty common here in Hampton Roads Virginia. There are 4-5 just in my neighborhood. Funny I don't really ride with any of them.

There's only 3 in my county. Went to a bike night about a month ago and before I could put the kickstand down I had two teenage boys talking to me. They said they never got to see a Hayabusa unless they go to the drag strip. :laugh:

There's only 3 in my county. Went to a bike night about a month ago and before I could put the kickstand down I had two teenage boys talking to me. They said they never got to see a Hayabusa unless they go to the drag strip. :laugh:

Yeah I was in Home Depot once and this stock boy seen I had a helmet in my hand. He asked what I was riding and I told him a Hayabusa.... He kinda gave me a once over then a look like "yeah right dude" :laugh:

Told him hey take a look 4urself it's parked right out front! He followed me out and got star struck like it was a Ferrari or something?? He then asked me where my mouthpiece was...?? he then went on 2 explain that a Hayabusa goes sooo fast that you have 2 wear a mouthpiece or when the engine kicks in2 "overdrive" you can bite your tongue and wreck!! :rofl:

True story :laugh:

I rarely see a busa around me either and I'm lookn all the time. I've only seen two turbo busa's in 10 years. see lots of HD's tho...... everywhere.

I sold my '07 two years ago. I loved that bike, put 8800 miles on it in a little more than a year. But pushing 70, my knees just couldn't take it anymore. I've had one replaced, next one will be in November.

I still ride -- the Dark Side -- and out on the road I've noticed something curious: I almost never see a Hayabusa. And I do look for them cause I think they are about as great as any bike made from any era, especially the first generation like mine. They are the coolest bikes on the planet.

I live in Sacramento. Am I the only one not seeing them? Maybe I need my eyes checked... -L- Seriously, I used to see one or two a week in my travels around town or on the freeway but it has been many months since I last spotted one.

I'm in sac. Daily commuter. All white gen I

You can see about a dozen every Thursday night at Howe bout Arden, jamba. Some stretched, some fat, some with too many speakers. But lots of different style around there.

The Busa was the fastest production bike ever made in the 20th century (1999), however we are now in the 21st century and the cult has slowly been dying with sport bikes giving faster options and tour bikes giving better touring options.

Suzuki still relies heavy on larger capacity bike sales and their sales numbers in this category are starting to hurt. It is pretty important for them to correct this, expect some changes coming.

There's two of us couple hours south of you down in Tehachapi

image-4094537873.jpg

Back