Whens the 06 Busa Comming In?

DSMGSXGuy

Registered
All I've seen lately are funny jokes about "spy pics" on the 06 busa lol, the ox-looking thing was funny btw.

But seriously...does anyone know when they will be comming in and if they will be updating the engine/trans and what not? I figured since the 06 gsxr1k and 750 have been redone and updated, it was time for the busa to get some tlc too. I just hope they don't change the way it looks...too much if at all. Any facts or related comments feel free to post, but please leave the sarcastic jokes for the other threads. Thanks.

Ummm. They will be in starting in September. No new stuff.

I heard they were cutting back the engine size to 1200cc to even the playing field some...limiters are going to 166mph next year too.

lurk.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117028360 -->

they need some SUZUTEC or something...seems its all the rage w/ car companies nowadays...VTEC, MIVEC, VVi, etc.

Here's a wish list... again JUST a wish list!  These are things I think would make sense, but it seems suzuki will just come out with BNG(!).
Busa is one of the greatest bikes, BUT, I think it could go on a diet and receive some of the love the other bikes have got since 03.

Upgrade the ECU and associated electronics

Radial front mounts

GSXR 1K style wheels

Titanium engine bits (just like the gsxrs got 2 years ago! Valves, guides etc....)  and exhaust

"Lumpier" Cam (did you know the new 05 gsxr 1K has lumpier cams than the 04 stage 1 cams from yoshimura?  interesting)  Not really needed, but would be nice.

Forge the bottom end (again, just like the new 1K)  I'm a drag racer, nothing wrong with a stronger bottom end!

Slipper clutch?  I know after riding the 1K that it helped that bike a lot, not sure what it would do for busa, but it made the 1K very smooth on the street.   I don't need it since I'd be getting a multistage for the strip anyway, but i think daily drivers might appreciate a slipper.

use the newer frame building process (from the 03 1K) to elimate a few welds, for weight loss and rigidity

As you can see, I'm not asking for the world, just a bit of wieght loss and a technology upgrade.  

We'll see what happens, we've all heard the rumours, but fact is, the people who are gonna buy a busa, are gonna buy a busa, and the ones who are gonna buy the 1K, will buy the 1K.  HP numbers don't matter so much as comfort and displacement.  300cc's is 300cc's!  Fact is, every busa that comes into hawaii gets sold, if that's true the world over, no need to redo anything.  Still though, would be nice to get some trick new bits!

waiting for september....gonna be bikeless for a few months!

<!--EDIT|8overin808
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117028050 -->

Ummm. They will be in starting in September. No new stuff.
this is an interesting statement from a dealer....

Not to sound too skeptical, but is that true? or is this comment made to facilitate the sale of the 05's?

Here's the deal, if it is true, I'm going down to my local suzuki dealer to get a busa tomorrow. If your not ABSOLUTELY sure of that comment, please say so. I'm only waiting for the 06 if it's gonna be much improved.

I beleive the dealers and the public are left clueless , in the dark , held in same suspense or whatever you want to call it for more than one reason and one is that Suzuki needs the dealers to order bikes . If a dealer was sitting on 4 - 2005 Hayabusa's in August with the bike show in September .........you can probably guess the rest .

I know a guy that works for American Honda . I am told that they sign agreements to prevent leakage of information to anyone to include the dealer level and for those who need their jobs to pay bills I think they stick to the agreements made when going to work . Might be some legalities to it also . It also might be that secrets are held so tight only a relative few in Japan really know .

Here's my reasoning/opinions once again for why I think a new 2006 Hayabusa will be made .

Honda sure seems to be building a new Blackbird . They have not had a bike in this market segment since 2003 and they want a piece of it no matter how large or small . They have the money to go against the new BMW if nothing else . But there's more than that .

Not a bash but the ZX-12R has some problems as does the ZZR1200 .  Whereas there are no old stock Busa's sitting around there are plenty of 03 ,04 ZZR's and 12R's about .

The big four knows what the others are doing and if Honda builds a Blackbird , or more importantly if Kawasaki builds a new 1300cc streamliner Suzuki will not set back and take it on the chin .

My opinion above and I could be wrong but I look forward to seeing a new redesigned 2006 Hayabusa with more than bold new graphics .

We will know in September won't we ?
biggrin.gif
Tic Tok Tic Tok  
tounge.gif

september.....too far away....money....burning hole in pocket....space for bike.... in garage.....empty....lol. Patience, not my strong suit (maybe it's a drag racing thing?)

Interesting reasoning I hadn't even thought about it from the angle of competition ("top speed war is over" mentality), but my thought process more involved the idea of pride in product.

We've all seen that the sportbikes at Suzook get reworked every two years. The poor busa seemed so ignored for so long, and IMO, the updates on the gixxers have been evolutionary, until the 05 1k. I feel it's actually pretty revolutionary. Just seemed like the right time to inject some new tech in an aging bike, but the idea of an ALL NEW busa is even better!

It'll be an interesting september that's for sure!

Just like every year there will be speculation all the way up until the bike is formally introduced at some worldwide show. Last year we did not know anything for certain until September timeframe. May be a sales tactic, but if you watch the sales numbers it doesn't hurt at all. We'll all be clueless and wondering until Suz decides to tell everyone!

Too bad I have to leave for basic training Aug. 4th and won't come back home until chrismtas when I get a 2 week vac.
sad.gif
Oh well, I can wait.

Hey man just buy a used busa...same technology as the new ones and you wont take a big wallet hit if they redo them and you want to get the newer one. Why buy one brand spankin new when something else might come out next year?

Id think that when the new busas come out, if they are "acceptable" in looks and have the update they need to have if they want to stay in the #1 slot on top of the game, then most 2k-2k5 owners would sell theirs and try to buy the new busa, since the old ones would now be somewhat obsolite unless modified in comparison to the newer ones. Just my .02, I'm still going to have to wait til I get back to buy one
sad.gif

Out of curiosity: how many fellow bikers do you know that call a busa a "pig" or "fat ass" or something along those lines b/c its a bigger bike? I'm getting that all the time when asked what my next bike will be and I tell them a hayabusa, it seems everyone I know hates the bike and says to get a 1k or 1100
1zhelp.gif

<!--EDIT|DSMGSXGuy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117100468 -->

casue they havent ridden one and the ones they have seen have been by people who dont ride the shid out of theirs. i used to get the same shid and im glad i didnt listen to em. if they do redo the busa....since i was planning on getting a new car when i got promoted in jan i would just sell my car now for a beat up truck and get the new busa and have a track busa and the busa i ride around (new one). That is if it still looks like a busa
wink.gif

Back