WHEN WILL YOU START WEARING THE LEATHERS?

Cookie

Registered
With all the recent and tragic (myself being minimal) and totally undeserving crashes, the qustion is;

WHEN WILL YOU GET THE CLUE OR RED FLAG AND FINALLY START WEARING LEATHERS as the only way to ride and not wear blue jeans?:super:???

Or, do you feel that 'IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO YOU!?'

Or, are you just 'NOT DOING THAT KIND OF RIDING TODAY?!!'

An 'ACCIDENT' is called an 'ACCIDENT', not an 'ON PURPOSE!'

If you odds are that good, tell what numbers to bet on on the MEGA LOTTO, I'll win for sure! :super:

:type:

"DRESS FOR THE CRASH NOT THE RIDE"

Havoc

Coming from Chicago, we wore helmets 30% of the time and wore T-shirts and shorts a lot. It has been a slow process (maturing) for me. I now feel comfortable wearing a helmet all the time. I invested in a "real" riding jacket and gloves, and wear decent shoes now. Taking the step to leather pants is a big one which I am just not ready to take yet. I may go for some other material riding pants first.

I am getting there.

With all the recent and tragic (myself being minimal) and totally undeserving crashes, the qustion is;

WHEN WILL YOU GET THE CLUE OR RED FLAG AND FINALLY START WEARING LEATHERS as the only way to ride and not wear blue jeans?:super:???
And the answer is;

WHEN I FIND SOME LEATHER BIG ENOUGH TO FIT MY FAT AZZ!

Well, a jacket anyway. I'm tryin' to reduce the size of my azz considerably. Won't buy leather pants 'til I'm done, or close to done with that project. It'd be a shame to kill enough cows to wrap my big ass right now. ;)

My problem with full leathers is the heat!!!! Tried doing it when I first started riding and I damn near passed out because of a heat stroke at 100 degrees... :drool:

Even with the zippers, air vents, etc... still was way to hot for me... I wear the mesh jacket and jeans as a compromise. The mesh is descent converage, but nothing like leather.

I will ride with leather when someone can point me to a set of leathers that will keep me cool in the heat. Anyone have suggestions?

Cloud

Hey cloud, try a leather thong. Should keep a good breeze flowin' all around ya. Well, except for, ummm, well you know where. :laugh:

:bounce: Don't want to blind the innocent with my white butt... I would give Busas a bad name everywhere.

anyone know the best place to get a 2 piece leather suit at best price? Have seen some decent sites but I think the wife kinda likes the idea of me hitting the road in jeans and a mesh jacket more than the price of a good leather suit!

My problem with full leathers is the heat!!!! Tried doing it when I first started riding and I damn near passed out because of a heat stroke at 100 degrees...  :drool:

Even with the zippers, air vents, etc... still was way to hot for me... I wear the mesh jacket and jeans as a compromise. The mesh is descent converage, but nothing like leather.

I will ride with leather when someone can point me to a set of leathers that will keep me cool in the heat. Anyone have suggestions?

Cloud
Cloud your blowing smoke. Believe me Full perf leathers in colorado are wearable year around. The key? Stay wet when it is over 90 or so. I grew up there bro, I know it's a dry heat. All you need is a water squeeze bottle bungeed behind you. Spray a bit of water in your helmet vents, across your legs and a couple squirts into your jacket and your good to go in any weather.
You want heat stroke come to Tampa in the Summer man, even the water bottle doesn't work well, it's just too damn humid.

Besides, ride up into the mountains any time of the year and your in 80-60 degree weather in just 30-45 minutes.

Oh and I am doing no better than Thinker in the proper gear department. Though in fairness, my lack of gear is more closely related to a lack of finances than dressing habbits. So, I am still out there in heavy jeans, leather with armor, racing gloves, combat boots, and a good lid. Eventually I'll have the cash to do it up right, and I will.

:cool: Cloud explain to your wife that is the cost to keep your skin soft supple and scar free.Maybe even on your body all together. :eek:

cactus_chewinstraw_md_wht.gif

When I can go some place local, and try on pants. I have a Fieldshear Sonic Air jacket and pants (leather and mesh, foam and CE armor) for the summer heat. I am not going to buy leather pants untill I can try them on. I'd like to know where they get these sizes from. I do plan on buying some though.

Later,

Steve

Vincent, recently purchased a new one piece Frank Thomas suit at Cycle Gear in PHX. They are having a closeout special on both on and two piece suits. Try cyclegear.com around $500 - jumped on a friends 929 to scuff the pucks. Dam the bike can turn! Nothing against the busa!

desktop.jpg

Alright Rev, I admit I was exaggerating a little bit, but I did think they were a little too warm even for CO. The water is a good idea though and I will give that a shot next summer. I got rid of my leathers with my ZX7R; didn't use them much after the heat started to make the ride a little less fun. Thanks for the advice...

Cloud

Taking the step to leather pants is a big one which I am just not ready to take yet.
Would you decide you were READY if your azz was half ground down laying there on the pavement covered in your own blood that you were THEN ready to "take the step"?

Personally, I don't understand the reasoning?

I guess until you find yourself strung out on the road like Ernest or myself (no where as bad off),,,you'll be stuck like the rest of the lot,,,

Saying "it won't happen to me!" :super:

BTW, if asked, I have worn my leathers in 110 degree weather.

Guys,

I have a Vanson jacket with "perf" panels that can be exposed to breathe and Vanson "perf" pants. When you are moving they breathe pretty well and aren't to bad. When you're stopped you sweat. Sweat washes off - road rash doesn't. Some of the new "perf" leathers are fairly comfortable even on really warm days.

Kent

Finally upgraded my boots and gloves.. picked up JR Hard Drive boots and gloves.. waterproof for these constant Florida rains.. gets a little warm in the gloves during mid-day heat but it's bearable.. better than wearing wet gloves on the interstate. I was using some old steeltoe combat boots, but the new boots are awesome.. perfect fit and built like a tank. Nice hard toes for kicking cages that get too close too.. :D
si.

Almost all of my rides have a purpose (riding to events, the store, dinner, class, work) and showing up at those places with leather pants is not feasible. What do you similarly situated people do? I wear good gloves, Vanson or Tekinc leather jacket, and helmet, but I won't show up at these places looking like a racer. It just isn't appropriate. Any ideas on the pants?

Back