when to use the different maps

drhixson

Registered
noticed my 08 has 3 fuel maps, (A B C). They said A is the fastest so always leave it on that.. so when would i use the other 2 maps?

C is for Carefull...B is for braver...A is for
eek2.gif
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rain seems like the only real world use, but if you have a good throttle hand you don't need that either.

Its the beginning of traction control on stock bikes and it has much more development to be made before will benefit the average street rider.

just dont get too complacent with "C" if you use it a lot, all it takes is one stop at a convenience store on the way home from work in the cold, get back on her, a good 'ol whack on the throttle with it defaulted back to "A", and it aint as pretty as it used to be...

I've always thought of it as a way to grow into your bike. Look at it this way if you have always riddin 750's C mode will give you a chance to get use to the weight of a busa while keeping you at a level of torque and speed you can deal with. As you get us to the bike you can step up the performance as your skills get better. A busa is a hard bike to learn on... believe me I know. When I bought my 99 I had never ridin anything close to that awesome. Fortunately I learned quickly and without biting the pavement. Now I have an 08 and I still have the 99.

Its also for throttle response, come on guys do you really need it in Ahhhhhhhhhhhh mode when your in the city? It gives you a little easier ride and not so much off and on.

Back