When To Change Coolant

If it has green just use new green. It’s kinda hard to get every speck of the old out and switching to long life can make a mess if it mixes with green- then you’ll be wondering why the hell you switched☹️.

You getting the bike finished off then , brakes etc. then riding it for some of your holidays ?
that's my plan... bike goes to frank soon... I just ordered that fancy dancy Brembo master cylinder from him.... plus a Robinsons output shaft support I would like to do…. coolant change/new plugs/oil change... and I want frank to ride it and see what he thinks...…........ he doesn't ever recommend anything but I still want someone other than me to ride it that I can trust.... soooo.... I have to ship the bike there and back..... ive been waiting on my retro check(3 yrs back pay from raises)…… so its quite a bit of money...… I need it

Last edited:
I will be doing my bike this winter , I just think I will use Suzuki's own coolant , and will replace the stock pipes with new black silicone Samco , which I am still waiting to arrive !!
I want Samco too. Consider heat shrink bands instead of the stock steel hose clamps. The whole set of hose clamps must weigh close to a pound.

Sidenote: Samco wanted me to send my ZX-14 water pipes to them to copy. They would not pay for shipping though and they would not guarantee me a turnaround time. They also would not give me a free set of hoses. WTH? um ---glad I waited.

I want Samco too. Consider heat shrink bands instead of the stock steel hose clamps. The whole set of hose clamps must weigh close to a pound.

Sidenote: Samco wanted me to send my ZX-14 water pipes to them to copy. They would not pay for shipping though and they would not guarantee me a turnaround time. They also would not give me a free set of hoses. WTH? um ---glad I waited.
Hey Mythos , give me a link on those shrink bands to check out will you please . I thought there was another sort of stainless band / strap also , but haven't had a good search yet .

Back