When Riding Do Not ____ on a Hayabusa

:welcome: to the Org!

My mistakes on the Busa:
1) It's the first and only new bike I ever bought...and withing a few weeks I dropped it while trying to put it up on a rear stand by myself. Arrrrrghhhh! Still makes me mad. How I wish I could have that moment back.
2) A couple weeks later, while practicing slow speed u-turns, dropped it on the OTHER site when I let it stall in the middle of a u-turn. What?!>!>! Are you kidding! lol I couldn't believe it! Turns out that I couldn't "stop the drop" by shooting out a foot like I did on my other bikes...that only weighed 300-400 lbs. At nearly 600 lbs, the Busa takes more than a spare foot to stop the tip over. :(

My number one recommendation: Practice going braking as much as you practice going fast. As the old addage goes, "It's not how fast can you go, it's how fast can you stop!". Get the braking thing solid and going fast becomes a lot "slower". :)

Welcome and best of luck!

Thanks for having me guys!

I first rode as a child 12-13 years old. I would take my dads 650E put on his helmet and ride around the blocks and near the train tracks till I got caught one day. (I miss those days when you just didn't care!!)

Anyways I'm older and wiser since then. My father was a big sport bike collector, I always had liter bikes at my disposal I rode bikes most of all my life, I grew up in Europe and had a chance to ride some really sweet bikes, almost feels funny sometimes not riding. My favorites till this day was in order was original Suzuki 650E, Ninja 900 and Kawasaki ELR.
Counting the hours till Saturday lol

I came up with the following Don't do so far-

Things to consider before riding

Don't- Drinking/Drugs/Medication
Don't- Emotional state
Don't- Outride yourself
Don't- push new tires
Don't- backup on hills
Don't- make very slow speed turns
Don't- ride to fast

Thanks for having me guys!

I first rode as a child 12-13 years old. I would take my dads 650E put on his helmet and ride around the blocks and near the train tracks till I got caught one day. (I miss those days when you just didn't care!!)

Anyways I'm older and wiser since then. My father was a big sport bike collector, I always had liter bikes at my disposal I rode bikes most of all my life, I grew up in Europe and had a chance to ride some really sweet bikes, almost feels funny sometimes not riding. My favorites till this day was in order was original Suzuki 650E, Ninja 900 and Kawasaki ELR.
Counting the hours till Saturday lol

I came up with the following Don't do so far-

Things to consider before riding

Don't- Drinking/Drugs/Medication
Don't- Emotional state
Don't- Outride yourself
Don't- push new tires
Don't- backup on hills
Don't- ride to fast

You can make slow speed turns, in fact you really need to be able to do this, just dont make u-turns on a hill. Have seen some very bad things happen with folks making a u-turn on hill. Ever heard a Busa banging off the limiter?

Don't disrespect her. Or she will disrespect you.
Always respect the power.
They are wonderful machines.
Congrats on your Busa and welcome to the Mighty Org.

Do not try to impress others. The bike will garner enough praise even while it is standing still. Trust me, every one of the bystanders that are unconsciously gawking at the sexy girl, knows exactly what the name "Hayabusa" brings to the party. You do not have to ENSURE that they know! Ride within your limits and find solace in the fact that you happen to own one of the most perfectly engineered machines in recent history.

ride at your own pace, you dont have to get there 1st all the time....and dont let anyone try to push you, let them go around because we all know that the BUSA will come out on top anyway....:thumbsup:
:welcome: to the family....:thumbsup:

don't grab a handful of throttle especially if you're coming from carbureted bike the response is like night and day you may not be able to recover.

I hope this wasn't the take away from my post. It certainly wasn't my intent and I would disagree with such a conclusion. To the contrary, I'm a big believer in riders learning to be proficient at slow speed manuevers. Good low speed control is just as important as good high speed control. Just like good braking skills are at least as important as good speed skills.

My point with the u-turn practice was that WHEN making slow speed turns on should NOT stall the bike and IF a stall does happen, be forewarned that the Hayabusa heft is not as easily managed as lighter bikes...takes little more grunt to muscle it around.

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the ride home! :)

Congrats! I have nothing really to add as the others have pretty much said it all. Just be safe and ride to YOUR limit.

DO NOT ---- Log onto the ORG when on the Busa! Unless it’s an emergency and you either have to 1 up another poster or prove someone wrong on the internet. Jus Say’n

The dealer called me yesterday that my Yellow busa finally came in.
Saw the bike and set everything up for Saturday morning pickup.
I recorded a small video, when I got home is when I noticed in the video that the bike has 6 miles on the odometer.

I thought new bikes have 0 miles?

When assembling the bike do they test ride it?

Help me out guys!

I would guess so if it's straight out of the crate to make sure everything is in order but either way I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Back