When on a long trip, will certain motels allow you to bring your bike in your room?

84Ninja

Registered
I've always wanted to ride the Busa to FL or CA as long as I can put the bike inside my motel room. I'm too paranoid to leave it sitting in a parking lot. Bikes are so easily taken these days. Thanks if you suggest something!

Re: When on a long trip, will certain motels allow you to bring your bike in your roo

Absolutely! Of course there's the caveat: It's easier to get forgiveness than permission...

I think there are pix on the .oRg of this...:whistle:

Re: When on a long trip, will certain motels allow you to bring your bike in your roo

Just dont tell them :whistle: I do it all the time when I travel, just be sure to ask for a first floor parking lot facing room. Most motels have to perfect setup.

I've never heard of one. If one did I'm not so sure I would want to stay there anyway.

I thought I saw a thread once on motorcycle friendly hotels/motels.

The two wheel inn in robbinsville north carolina
Posted via Mobile Device

the two wheel inn has a grage attached to every room its not really the same as parking in the room. I would if you had a room where you could. I dont think I would ask if I could though.

Here's the trick, if you leave no evidence (Damage), how can a proprietor even have a problem ????.....pick up some fresh cardboard on your way in (Takes but a minute with a sharp blade to trim some). That way, the tires are sitting on cardboard, and obviously, leave no drips either. If it leaks, forget it, park it by the window, if it's wet, wipe it down..... :oldcool: Show some respect for their investment as you show respect for yours......"Everyone's happy" :super: ....and as you roll away they have a chance to say, "Dem-Dare Hi-Boosa foke ain't half bad...."

you pay for the room, you can do anything you want if you dont damage it.

just dont throw the pool chairs in the pool at 4am (the same time the morning shift starts!!! :whistle::whistle:)

84 - I don't have anything constructive to add as I can't remember what we did with hubby's Busa on the Navy relocation from Virginia Beach to Texas. He would not let the Navy move it, so we were on the interstates with my Jeep, his truck, a u-haul trailer, Busa, new baby, and a basset hound...no wonder I can't remember??

My point in the post was that I got a pretty good laugh at your signature line...after the week I've had at work I needed it. :) :)

I would never put my bike in the room. its more fun to use fishing line hooked up to the bike and into the room hooked up to the lamp with your 50 cal by your bed. They cant see the line but when that lamp moves there mine. Fishing line is strong when they get to the end they wont know what to do. Take a piece about 2' long with eyelets on the ends so you can get your hands through them. Great for neck burns, wrist, ankles,????????. They would not want to try and take my bike. :beerchug:

ask for bottom floor, then if you get caught ask for forgiveness

Take a look around the motel first and make sure you can easily load the bike into the room. I did this on my cross county trip.

Sure, I've parked mine in plenty of rooms, but I've never asked :whistle:

don't forget to fold your mirrors:whistle:. a small tarp and an old towel will save the carpet.

Cow says "moooo"
Dog says "bark"
Nike says "just do it".

That sort of thing is never permssible and shouldn't be done. :laugh:

Img_2514-hotel.jpg

Img_2514-hotel.jpg

just make sure you can get it the farf out of there in a hurry if the hotel.motel catches fire, dont want them to find your chared body looking like you was fighting to get around the busa in a fire??? i suggest parking it in backwards so u can drive it out forwards in a hurry if you must...at my last house i parked the bus inside in my family room right next to my 4 person jucuzzi

Last edited:
Back