When is the best time to install mods?

Wulfgar

Registered
I have those three mods waiting for my bike. But I only have 800 miles on my 02' I was curious when it would be best to put em all on. I was planning on waiting until 2000 miles and Im sure the bike is really well broken in with the stock gear on it before I went to start playing with all my toys..
aktion035.gif

anyone recommend anything different?

I HAVE COMPLETED ALL MY MODS, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PCIIIR. THE PC I ORDER WHEN INSTALLED CAUSED THE FI LIGHT TO COME ON AND IT WOULD NOT GO OFF. WHEN I TOOK IT OFF THE BIKE EVERYTHING RETURNED TO NORMAL. I DID MY MOD WELL BEFORE THE FIRST SERVICE, ACTUALLY AS SOON AS MY ORDER CAME IN. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS. EVEN INSTALLED 16 ON THE FRONT FOR MORE LOW END POWER. BIKE IS RUNNING JUST FINE. I INSTALLED SLIP ONS INSTEAD OF THE 4-2-1 JUST MY PREFERENCE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM WHEN YOU INSTALL YOUR PC PLEASE E-MAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW. PHIL AT DYNOJET SEEMS TO BE A NICE GUY OVER THE PHONE. HAD TO SEND MINE BACK HE BELIEVES THAT A WIRE MAY POSSIBLY HAVE COME APART, WILL CHECK AND REPAIR OR REPLACE.

ENJOY YOUR BUSA AND RIDE IT LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST RIDE!!!!
aktion035.gif

You really do not have to wait, as the break-in is determined by what you do with the throttle. Show some restraint, and you will be fine. The K&N filter will make no difference whatsoever, this has been proven by various individuals on the dyno. As for the Yosh pipe and Power commander, there is no reason to not install them either, just take it easy with the throttle. One thing that I will recommend, is that you either remove the pair valve and install  block-off plates (You do this when the exhaust is off the bike, as it will be right there in front of you), or at the very least, block the hose controlling the pair valve. This is done to prevent backfires that will occur with aftermarket exhausts.

Regards,

SJBusa

Back