When I worked at Pratt & Whitney, I worked on the engines for the testing program

gurrera

Registered
1.jpg

This video was made just 6 weeks ago in the Atlantic, just off Newport News ( Hampton Roads), Virginia .
These are the latest sea trials of the F-35B on the USS Wasp.
They were very successful, with 74 Verticle Landings's & Standard Take Offs in a 3 week period.
The media and the program critics had predicted that we would burn holes in the deck and wash sailors overboard.
Neither of which happened. You will notice a sailor standing on the bow of the ship as the jet rotates.
That was an intentional part of the sea trials.
No catapult... No hook... Its a new world out there!
The shape and scope of warfare worldwide just changed.
Click your mouse here: F-35b

F-35B Ship Suitability Testing - YouTube

Gurrera

1.jpg

I love the pratt and whitney's but Allison/Rolls Royce made my faves - The T-56-15 BUT I'm also in love with the AE1107C!:thumbsup:

I like em but find them to be too expensive, this plane cost 20 times more than the whole A10 and B52 fleet, we need more A10's and B52's not jet jockey toys that are too expensive to risk getting down and dirty with the grunts.

wow kool! so I can only imagine jets landing on carriers will be a thing of the past in the near future. my neighbor works there and says the security clearance to get into certain facilities are the highest in the US government. high speed chit goin over there!

The rainbow in the mist shot was cool.

But copying British and Russian technology and spending billions doing it doesn't really make sense??

Back