when hot!

busajoe424

Registered
Hey guys and gals,
I have an 05 busa, i wrapped the rectifier in a towel and it went bad! i have a second gen tail conversion on my gen1. so i replaced the rectifier and stator and the battery just so i know everything is good! that was 2 weeks ago. i went for a ride today and made a couple stops. the last stop was at a gas station for fuel. i felt the tank hot so i know i needed it. after the fuel a started the bike and it started and ran fine. got home 3 miles away and turned it off. when i went to turn it back on it was like the battery was dead!!!!!!!! fluttered and confused! help please!:banghead::banghead:

Are you a troll? Did you really wrap the regulator/rectifier in a towel?!?? Why? It's finned to dissipate heat, wrapping it in a towel keeps it from doing that.

Are you a troll? Did you really wrap the regulator/rectifier in a towel?!?? Why? It's finned to dissipate heat, wrapping it in a towel keeps it from doing that.

i know bud! it wasnt bolted down so i put a towel around it! anyways like i said i bought everything new and replaced it all, now if you got any input on my original post thanks in advance, if not, long walk off of short bridge! damage is done!!!!

Back