When fork seals go bad....

jphillips

Registered
101_0224.jpg

101_0241.jpg

101_0219.jpg

101_0225.jpg
Ok, first issweat, then drips, so time for a seal change.

As with all things in life, better to be wholistic than sequential -- unles it costs money.

101_0224.jpg

101_0241.jpg

101_0219.jpg

101_0225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To be continued....

..If this "99 busa was a woman, she'd be getting a tummy tuck, lips, eyes, and of course a new pair of dancin shoes...., yeah, its like that, stay tuned, ..

Yep, time to do mine too, I ordered them last week. I hope I get them soon so I can hurry up and put them in. Too many wheelies:laugh:

I'm actually waiting for mine to leak so I can change out the flimsy stock fork springs... and probably get the forks beefed up and revalved.

i do so many wheelies I have a whole set of spare forks now..20 minute change then i can drop in the new seals at my leisure..lol

i do so many wheelies I have a whole set of spare forks now..20 minute change then i can drop in the new seals at my leisure..lol

:laugh:That's a good idea. I set 99% of my wheelies down smooth and easy, but I guess you can only expect them to last so long:laugh:
My seals were around $20, and I bought 2 liters of 7w for around $24. I think both forks will take just over 1 liter, so I got 2 just in case. Still beats the heck outta payin the stealership $300+!

:laugh:That's a good idea. I set 99% of my wheelies down smooth and easy, but I guess you can only expect them to last so long:laugh:
My seals were around $20, and I bought 2 liters of 7w for around $24. I think both forks will take just over 1 liter, so I got 2 just in case. Still beats the heck outta payin the stealership $300+!

dayum...my local bike shop charges $75, seals included

One of my friend's busa left fork seal sweat on the way back from Thailand.He still rides like nobody business:poke:

Do you need any special tools to disassemble the forks for a seal change?

Download a service manual from here, it'll show you what you need. Technically, you do, but really you don't, you can substitute and improvise.

Back