Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Never too old.

Votes: 69 90.8%

• Total voters
My guess it probably ends when I cant throw my leg over the bike and get it out of the driveway...hell even if my wife has to help me get the leathers on/off, I am still riding.:laugh:

I have a friend from Oregon whom I ride with on most Portland track days, Pat O'conner retired airline pilot whom is 67 years young still racing. Guy can really ride. There was an article in Motorcyclist Mag. recently on Pat. Pat has over 20 certificates from Jason Pridmore's race school.

I'm keeping an eye on him to see when and where he gives the track up. Great guy!

I have a friend from Oregon whom I ride with on most Portland track days, Pat O'conner retired airline pilot whom is 67 years young still racing. Guy can really ride. There was an article in Motorcyclist Mag. recently on Pat. Pat has over 20 certificates from Jason Pridmore's race school.

I'm keeping an eye on him to see when and where he gives the track up. Great guy!

That is AWESOME! I can only pray that I am riding at this age. Kudos to Pat for doing what he obviously loves to do!:thumbsup:

How bout poll of when you could finnaly afford to do a track day... I need to fix my duc it would be a great track bike to learn on... Slow by todays standards but man that thing can corner!!

only when your ashes are scattered to the wind or you're stretched out in your coffin (whatever is your preference) :beerchug:

only when your ashes are scattered to the wind or you're stretched out in your coffin (whatever is your preference) :beerchug:

I'm hoping for the Viking thing myself but that's an entirely different thread all togeather. Plus I don't think that sort of thing is allowed on any area lakes.:laugh:

The thing is not if you still can ride or not, it's the ability to recover if (God forbides) you crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Age has NOTHING to do with it. But if your Bored or just are not interested anymore then, you need to do something else.

Like an IRONBUTT in December, that'll wake you up :rofl:

Ask SteveO he's older than dirt and can smoke most anybody I know :moon: But it sure as hell ain't 50!

TEAM GIXXER!!!

110501_2 (Large).jpg

110501_3 (Large).jpg

Too old for the track? Um...maybe 20 years AFTER you're too old for the street.

Call me crazy, but the street holds a heck of a lot more in terms of risk factors than the track. You might be goin' full tilt on the track, but the environmental hazards are WAY down and all the traffic around you is composed of other riders. I think I'll retire from the street LONG before I retire from the track.

Besides, it ain't about sheer chronological progression...it's about when the body or the mind doesn't let you do it anymore.

I know some folks that got old right outta high school and I know others that are still ridin' in their 70's. With a little luck on the physical side and a good mental attitude, riding only ends when you draw your last breath. :)

Back