When a motor dies

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
4716358F-1B18-434B-BEAB-D17ABFF4B3F6.jpeg

My Husqvarna blower died. I never lose, but this time I gave up. No fuel getting to the motor, come to find all the little rubber parts, diaphragm inside the carb, the priming system are perished.
Then it comes to taking the time to find a parts diagram, finding a supplier, ordering the parts etc.

Amazon won this time, $112.00 deal on a brand new a Husky blower.

Must say I feel pretty guilty for throwing in the towel though.

Amazing how they can make and sell these for that price.

View attachment 1609326
My Husqvarna blower died. I never lose, but this time I gave up. No fuel getting to the motor, come to find all the little rubber parts, diaphragm inside the carb, the priming system are perished.
Then it comes to taking the time to find a parts diagram, finding a supplier, ordering the parts etc.

Chinese slave labour, that’s how they make them so cheap.

View attachment 1609326

That ethanol eats up those little rubber bits like PacMan

View attachment 1609326

They can sell them so cheap because of inferior internals that disintegrate. :shocked:

They can sell them so cheap because of inferior internals that disintegrate. :shocked:

And very low labor and overhead costs...quality control is almost non-existent...they deal in quantity and lots of it.

I worked at a large hardware store for a bit when I retired from the military and it was shocking as to how many items were thrown away due to them not working....I'm talking entire pallets of product, it wasn't worth the money to ship them back to the distributor.

I guess it is not too bad, that same blower has been going for eight years. I had to pretty much do the same repairs on my chainsaw and Weedeater both Huskies. They were too expensive to replace so it was worth the effort.

It is a shame that we live in throw away times. I seized a Stihl trimmer by running leftover MR12 in it. Man it run good, plenty of power until it didn't. Anyway pulled it down, needed piston, rings, bearing and a hand full of gaskets, no biggee. The parts came to $275.00 for a machine that cost $400.00 new. It just didn't seem right that the parts would be that much.

Back