Wheels Through Time Museum ride

Friday would likely be the best of those two days for those arriving later in the week...I think Omar and I were planning to leave Wednesday night, stop along the way and then arrive after noon sometime Thursday.

Museum looks cool! If you get more interested for a trip earlier in the week, do it! We can always head there another time if necessary...

:thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

It's allways a good fall back for a rain day too!

I was actually coming to the forum to suggest this ride.. I love the place, Dale rocks, and it's always a good trip!

We haven't planned any rides, so I think the gang is up for whatever :) So far, the weather is looking pretty good!

I might have to clear my Friday Schedule to do it.. we could meet at the Gap or the Hub for Breakfast.. and it's a good route to and from for a group ride.

I might have to clear my Friday Schedule to do it.. we could meet at the Gap or the Hub for Breakfast.. and it's a good route to and from for a group ride.

Sounds like a plan!

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Ok so Friday it is, i soooo missed that there was interest here.

Where To meet, and Time ?? PJ please input...

We can either start from the Hub in Robbinsville or the Crossroads at the gap for breakfast. (preferred) and head out from there. the ride down 28 is a nice combo of roads, and then up through Brysaon city and Cherokee to Maggie valley. After the museum we can run the last few miles of BRP back to Cherokee, and have a good meal in Bryson city at Jimmy Macs on the way back. We can also come back through Nantahala gorge for the scenery depending on time and what the group wants to do.
Now I have to talk to my honey about the work schedule.. heck, she might opt to make this ride and leave me at work!

As far as time, you guys know best when you want to be up and moving.. Maybe Kickstands up at 10 from the crossroads? That lets the early birds get a couple of gap runs if they like.

I'm watching the weather closely. It looks like rain showers Friday Morning.. We could swap this to a Saturday ride, but Friday would be better.. I'll post tomorrow evening which day and time and get word to John and the crew at the Phillips. Hopefully Friday morning leaving from the crossroads, either 10 or 11 to leave based on the weather.

Sounds good!! Thanks for keeping tabs on the weather! Omar and I are en route right now and will be there early Thursday. Looking forward to doing whatever the weather allows :)

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Only if we can stop at the Lionel Model Train Museum in Bryson City on the way back! Oh and we need Marshmallows if anyone remembers to pick some up.

Back