Wheels - powder coat or paint???

argyle66

Registered
had a bit of a mishap... had new tires put on and I guess the wrench monkey forgot to tighten the back brake caliper

went for a bit of a ride and of course rarely use the back brake, but when I did nothing all the way to the floor

turns out caliper was bouncing on my wheel so tick scrapes all the way around

pissed off !!!  
banghead.gif

Long story short I was thinking I might do a colour change on the wheels of my 06 red/black busa

would you powder coat the wheels same red as bike or just have them painted???

any pluses and minuses would be helpful

I was also thinking about getting some chromes, but I know the upkeep can be intensive

Yes Powder Coat but I would have the place that did this damage pay to have your rims coated. Also what happened to preflight check?

Fear not! Chrome is very easy to keep clean. A little Windex or simple green and a spray hose and they gleam! It is the "polished" Aluminum that is a biotch!!!!
If not chrome, powdercoat. Much more durable

And as far as the mishap, next time just give 'em the wheels and tires...this way you know things are done right! What a puss-head forgetting to tighten the caliper....

The really sad part is that the rear calipar does not have to be unbolted to remove the rear rim for tire exchange, I sure would not have a whole lot of confidence in this mechanic.

Fear not! Chrome is very easy to keep clean. A little Windex or simple green and a spray hose and they gleam! It is the "polished" Aluminum that is a biotch!!!!
If not chrome, powdercoat. Much more durable

And as far as the mishap, next time just give 'em the wheels and tires...this way you know things are done right! What a puss-head forgetting to tighten the caliper....
+1

Ditto.... Believe me its all torqued down now... checked front and back

hmmm then I might keep my eye out for Chromes then
clap.gif

Invest in a couple of good torque wrenches and a good Service manual.

Never look back.

r8

Back