Wheelie's

actually pros have bikes that look like a POS, but they have nice stuff on em, brembos, mags, ohlins, radial mounted brake levers, nice pipes, stuff to make them handle better. and a lot of them have modded bikes given to them, wont be long till theres factory stunt bikes,
you cant do a 500 ft stoppie on factory brakes :sad: .... least I cant :D

Hummm... i tried (not really hard i have to confess) some of your advices to do a wheelie, but in 1st gear, the rear wheel doesn't stick on the road if I pull the throttle suddently: it skids. On 2nd gear if i tried to raise the wheel i only got a brutal acceleration... maybe i didn't cut off gas before the full throttle... :sad: but hey... i'm so scared of falling that I won't take high risks on trying to wheelie... :tounge: -> guess it's easier if you drive motorcycles for a LONG time... (i only got my driver's license for motorcycles 3 years ago).

For great fun wheelies.
I take it up to about 110 then drop it 2 gears to 4th and open her wide up,she comes up real nice and when the limiters kick in you land pretty softly.

Just did my first "full" wheelie the day before yesterday, been doing the 1-6 inchers for a month or two. I got it to about 4500 rpms closed it and whacked it and then let off a little while it was in the air and whacked it again, came up pretty high. I live in high elevation and it is not as easy to get it in the air here. I am going down a tooth as soon as I get a torque wrench, should be alot easier then :)

-Eric

Just be careful Eric or its gonna be HadaBusa. :laugh:

Hate to see you look like the little guy flippn it in the avatar below.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069493422 -->

dont do it like this

wreck_009.jpg

only time i poped a wheelie was over a bridge..lol now i have had the front up,but personaly i thought it was a scarey feeling..pmsl.i didnt kno how much it came up,but i knew it was anouth to make me hold on tite,and poop me pants at the same time.
but yea i would like to do it again,and again,again..lol.(buzz was wicked when she rose).

Back