Wheelie's

neoBusa

Registered
First time visiting this site. Im 26. establishing my own company.Hoping to celebrate my first earning by getting myself a Busa. Started out with a 50cc at 17. a 250cc after that. Now hoping to live my dream on a Busa. All those years riding my bikes and friends' bikes I could never figure how to ride on one wheel. In the Middle East there are no schools or courses that teach bike riding.

What's the trick to it. I would appreciate detailed answers.

Thanks in advance and I hope to join you guys soon!

God be with you... All the way...

Welcome to the board. Sorry I'm no help on the wheelies but I tend to keep both tires on the ground. To many times running after my dirt bikes to try on the Busa. :eek:

i cant help ya either... mine is setup to NOT wheelie. thats bad when drag racing.

welcome to the board, hav fun.

Get a unicycle, (Not kidding) learn to ride that and the motorcycle will be no problem. Oh, and if you wreck on the unicycle, you will not die or be maimed and it will not cost you thousands of dollars.

Good luck!:D

Follow this link and there are some "how to" guides. Be carefull!
www.uponone.com/howtos.php

I regeared mine (16/42) so I can just roll on the throttle in second at 4500rpms(45mph) and ride it out through 10000rpms(95mph). Start out small and just get a feel and you will get better with time. Don't just let off the gas when you get it up because the Busa will come down hard and do damage. Roll off on the throttle will put you back down softly.

It is a PDF file i think. If you do not have it you won't be able to open it. You can down load Adobe free almost anywhere.

Just clicked on it and it owrked fine. Go to the Adobe site and download Acrobat reader, it's free.

wanna wheelie?

ok here is what to do
get on the bike find a straight away (long one) lean back on the bike and hit the gas in 1st gear 100% wheelie coming right up.

O and before i forget,when the bike hits 12 0'clock position let off the gas.
the rest will come to you naturally

and make sure there are alot of people watching so they can help if any thing goes bad.(but it should work)
good luck
;)

PS wear a helmet and leathers we dont want any thing bad happening to you.
:)

calateans clownin' start by getting the RPMs up to about 5-6 k in first, let off then snap it back on just a "LITTLE" bringing the front wheel off the ground a few inches. start there and work your way up SLOWLY after a few months or so you should be able to get up into a decent wheelie and ride it out to the rev limeter. I wouldnt try balancing on the busa till a year or so. the balance point on the busa is straight up at high noon and you need an extremely good feel to ride one, its so heavy you cant really steer one so straight lines are it unless you lose a hunnerd pounds or so?

- Justintime2 thanks for the link... very useful

-blas32: thanks for the advice

-Twisted: Great advice. then again I heard that when you incline at some point you should keep a balance by controlling the back breaks in order not to fall back; is that how you control that or just slow down on the throttle. How fast or slow should I be going in order to rise?

Thanks guys...

Twisted has it pretty much right for the Busa...5-6K Roll OFF Then Roll Back on Quickly...Up she comes....

Often times there is no need to roll off and on, just crack her open quickly in first with warm tires and up she comes.

BUT...Busa is a poor choice for wheelies though. There are tons of less expensive, less fragile, less Huge bikes that are much better suited.

Find an SV650 in decent shape, add a couple teeth to the rear sprocket and away you go. Managable "From what I have heard" and if the plot goes horribly wrong, a lot easier to repair without all the body work. Much Better stunt bike...

IMHO

Better yet, do it in the dirt with a motocross bike. The natural terrain will be a whole lot more forgiving than any road.

:super:

- Justintime2 thanks for the link... very useful

-blas32: thanks for the advice

-Twisted: Great advice. then again I heard that when you incline at some point you should keep a balance by controlling the back breaks in order not to fall back; is that how you control that or just slow down on the throttle. How fast or slow should I be going in order to rise?

Thanks guys...
keep your foot over the rear brake incase you go up to fast and start to loop. However, only use it in an emergency... If you drop to fast you will find yourself bottoming out and doing some bigtime damage. when you come down, blip the throttle a bit to make the landing soft.

You won't be at this stage for a while, because your SR#1 will kick-in the second your front-end lifts and you will slam the throttle off. But, it is a good habit to start working on early.

Also, come down to Tampa with me on December 13 and take Keith Code's wheelie school: http://www.ononewheel.com

It should be a BLAST!

-Rip

g-calatean: I know u were kiddin' man. I may not know how to make a wheelie, but I know some basics. Do u happen to know what is the best speed to begin making a wheelie? as a beginner...

THanx

Back