• I wheelie every second time I ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wheelie once a week

• I wheelie once a month

• I never wheelie

• I'm a newbie but will be wheelieing soon.

• Other....explain below

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(draven @ Sep. 04 2003,00:20) :3:  I don't wheelie the 'busa, didn't buy it to wheelie it on purpose. The R1 on the other hand is great wheelie machine and about 125 lbs lighter. :27:
+1 I would wheelie my CBR954 or my CBR1000 for miles - but this bike just is too heavy and long. I'm sure it can be done, but it just doesn't feel as comfortable to me when she's vertical as the other bikes I've had did.

Does that mean I want those POS Honda's back? F&%^ NO!

I accidentally wheelied the other day,getting away from a bike chasing dog...scared the crap outta me....the wheelie not the dog tounge.gif

Wouldn't call it a wheelie...just when I sit way back in the seat the front end comes up a little on it's own under max acceleration. I get more enjoyment out of the high speed sweepers and twisties.

I just did my first 12o'clock on mine and nearlly ripped off the brake light cover, I think for now I'll leave it on the ground.

picked wheelie everytime because i carry the front wheel even just 4 inches taking off when i go riding and nail it.... if you mean let go out and carry some wheelies then never on the busa.... I have a 600 for that B.S

huh well i used to wheelie like i was addicted to being on one wheel but im just getting to the point in my life where just riding is a blast. so to help me with my new found thoughts ive lowerd and streched mine. just a word of advice to the newbies if you must raise your wheel use second gear. that way you wont find your booty on the ground wondering what happend. beerchug.gif

I have done wheelies on my old busa but on my new one no it is just to hard on the fork seals of the Busa. They are made for speed not wheelies

oh no, the "never" option is pullin ahead by a mile
me, since i went to jail relating to wheelies, i've cut my fun by at least 60% zzwhip.gif

I do a power wheelie occasionally-- not too often-- just up maybe six inches or so, and smoothly down. I really have no use in doing one on this bike- I'd rather run the twisties, cause ya know a Busa can't turn! Thats proving something worthwhile in my book.

Once in a while I get my fix but I'm trying to
get my cure my addiction. Already cracked the
front fender sad.gif

Second gear, roll on to about 7000 rpm.
Feather the clutch abit and Tah Dah!

Bring the forks up almost parallel to the ground and you can ride it for what seems like forever.

Ocasionally I'll squeeze it into 3rd gear but, stuff happens too fast for me at those speeds.

I have a friend that loves to wheelie. He goes through chains/sprockets/rear tires/fork tubes/fork seals/headlight bulbs ect like you wouldn't believe. Plus he always has something breaking/coming loose on his bike, gauges quitting, ignition shorting and stranding him, plastics breaking, steering head bearings loosening up, clutch issues, frames cracking on a couple bikes....and the list goes on. All from impact/vibration damage wowold.gif I do an occasional low level power wheelie...but the impact over time on a bike of constant high lift wheelies, is just too damaging and expensive for me to accept. I want a bike I can take a long road trip on, and count on to get the job done...not crack a frame weld part way through, and you gotta try and find a shop that can comfortably weld things back up after you and a friend strip the bike down, and pull the motor eek2.gif No thanks...I'll take reliabilty please winkold.gif laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back