wheelie

Lots of advise here. I usually don't try to wheelie, but I'm 6'6", 210 lbs, so my center of gravity is pretty high. She'll come up alright--trust me--but you gotta be careful 'cause she'll come down pretty hard. I find that my son's ZX-14 is easier!

One little trick that nobody has pointed out yet.......If your going at a slight grade uphill then the front tire is way more prone to lifting off. It all has to do with the center of gravity and balance position. If anyone has ever tried doing a wheelie going the opposite direction (downhill) then you know what I'm talking about.
So, in short, if your new to wheelies, try it out on a slight incline and you'll be suprised how much easier it is to lift off that front tire.

Don't forget to wear your cabage protector!

my bike dont wheelie ill spin and the back end gets loose and slides everywhere which is a blast to me all the way into third if I lay into it and dump the clutch but now wheelies here. Which im not trying to wheelie

I'm 5'8" 140 lbs and just starting to learn to to wheelie. Which is easier, to give it throttle or to slip the clutch? What is the chance that you give it too much and the bike just goes over? Or is it pretty hard to get it over the 12 o' clock position?

ideally you would have learned how to wheelie on a lesser bike... however, both methods require control, and the last thing you want to do is panic when she comes up. i am 6' and 230# and mine comes up with a twist of the wrist if i am in 1st. i would imagine that at your size, your baby will want to rise up... alot!

the rear brake is your friend, and can be counted on to bring the nose back down.

all motions controlled and easy is my thought.

I was actually afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep it on the ground as all my busa buds that were not stretched hit one wheel all day everyday. I've only had the front up once since buying it, and it was unintentional. But hey,fork seals cost money I don't want to spent and I've never gotten rid of the front rim from my Katana, again unintentional wheelie. I just don't see a purpose for unnecessary repairs. Good luck with it though. Be careful. I do wheelie my 4wheeler but it lands softer than a Busa for the most part.

whats up everyone. i'm new to the busa world and i was just wandering if and when accelerating that the front end on my busa might try and come up. I know that it won't take much but i'm wanting to try and prevent it until i've good and acquanted with the bike before it happens. 5'10 and 210 pounds not that it matters. any info would be appreciated.
Not near as much as you think. The busa is designed to dig in and go forward....not lift the front. They make the whole acceleration thing seem kind of smooth and relaxing.........thats their biggest danger. The deceptive speed will get you, not the wheelies :laugh:

Competly de oposite of you, I have tried to bring the front up jut with the trotle in first gear and I just Cant!!
AAAssjani.gif
!

I start easy on 1sr and when I reach like 20 mph at 2,000 rpm i acelerate semi hard to about 7,000 rpm, in 1st gear, nothing happens!!!
guns.gif

and I would really try to make power wheelies!!!
beerchug.gif

By the way I have Yoshi's R22 Bolt ons, Power Commnader, the bike has been dyno tuned, and I HAVE CHANGED THE REAR PROCKET TO 44T!!!
Take it up to about 7grand with light throttle in 1st or 2nd with that gearing, then snap it open. It'll come up real fast :laugh: I've had mine lift 3rd....its all how you use the throttle. 2k rpm hitting it is just gonna accelerate, those rpm's are too low for even the old bus to lift the front :banghead: Plus semi-hard throttle isn't going to cut it either. Believe it or not being timid with the throttle even though you want a wheelie won't work...........you have to mean it. Snap the throttle, don't ease it open :laugh: Of course once its coming up you need to deal with the next step :laugh:

Put an 18 tooth sprocket on the front. You really have to work hard to get the font end up with 18/40 sprockets.

I'm 5'8" 140 lbs and just starting to learn to to wheelie. Which is easier, to give it throttle or to slip the clutch? What is the chance that you give it too much and the bike just goes over? Or is it pretty hard to get it over the 12 o' clock position?

If you are learning to do wheelies just roll it back or slip the clutch ever so slightly. You do not want to pop the clutch hard when learning or you'll be dragging the rear end before you know it. Once you get more used to how the bike is going to react then you can settle on your personal preference on popping the clutch or rolling into it. A lot of people bounce there front end up. On a smaller bike sometimes you have to clutch it up and that's always been my preference, probably because I started on way underpowered bikes back in the 80's and had to clutch it up. You'll find clutching it gives you better, longer wheelies in the long run because you can go vertical instantly and hold it there for a very long time. Rolling it up burns up a lot of speed real quick. At any rate, on a bigger bike such as a Busa all you really have to do is roll into it and it'll shoot as high as you want real quick, just be careful and do small ones for a while and you'll find yourselve getting higher and higher each time. Just be careful, before you know it you'll be clicking a couple gears..........JUST BE CAREFUL~!~ And don't rush it, it'll come to you.

Put an 18 tooth sprocket on the front. You really have to work hard to get the font end up with 18/40 sprockets.

Actually, the little pic on my orange Busa was with 18/41 sprockets. Stock on this bike are 18/43 - '08 Busa So I am actually running a lot higher gear, not a lower gear.

Believe it or not, this picture/gearing combo was taken with the bike slammed 3 inches and just rolling into it in second gear. However, I'm on the runway at Maxton so it does offer a little advantage because you wide open the whole way. Stock motor had enough power to still "roll" it up. (Doesn't mean I don't have a few bolt on goodies)

if you load the suspension (close the throttle) and then twist hard at around 5k, it'll come right up. it's a long bike, it takes some time for it to come up, it's nice and progressive. just don't snap the throttle shut too fast, you'll drop the front fork really quick.

There is no excuse for not knowing how or saying your bike wont come up........A Busa will come up for just looking at the throttle funny....Bottom line is if it aint stretched its coming up fast and n a hurry:rulez:

welcome to the .org, and quit being a ****.:laugh: some people don't know how to wheelie, it's not a prerequisite d00d.

I can't get it up in 2nd for the life of me! I can wheelie all day long in 1st and wheelie right through first and second at the track but I can't get it to come up in 2nd! Am I not open up the throttle enough on the clutch up? I want to be able to clutch it up in second or power it up but I can't figure out how lol.

Stretching the busa soon so the fun will be over shortly looking at a cheap 600 though to be stupid on.

I had that prob for a while too, then with time got to where I could snap the clutch kinda like a slingshot...pull back, and BAM, let'r go. :laugh:

disclaimer::rulez: TO NEWBIES- wheelies are something you just gotta play with, get use to, and "feel" for yourself. Another huge factor is your state of mind. Meaning the importance of staying calm, trusting your bike as well as yourself(while understanding/respecting the fact that your green @ss is bout to wheelie a 1300-40cc bike...)although there is tons of great advice here, IMO If you gotta ask......

nice answer,you gotta have a feel for any bike before you even try wheelies.i can get my 09 up just doin 15mph,just open it up till you hit around 15mph,cut off so you unsettle the front end,then open her up again till you get that balance point right,then just feather the throttle slightly.please have your foot over the back brake just in case it does go tits up.one more important thing,dont get frustrated with your first efforts,relax,enjoy.you'll get it quick enough.:thumbsup:

Back