wheelie

(manatrader @ May 10 2007,11:26)
(archeryblackdog @ Apr. 16 2007,11:49) Competly de oposite of you, I have tried to bring the front up jut with the trotle in first gear and I just Cant!!
AAAssjani.gif
!

I start easy on 1sr and when I reach like 20 mph at 2,000 rpm i acelerate semi hard to about 7,000 rpm, in 1st gear, nothing happens!!!
guns.gif

and I would really try to make power wheelies!!!
beerchug.gif

By the way I have Yoshi's R22 Bolt ons, Power Commnader, the bike has been dyno tuned, and  I HAVE CHANGED THE REAR PROCKET TO 44T!!!
Sure  
laugh.gif
Yep, I call BS here. You put a 44 tooth rear sprocket on even a stock busa and the question isn't how do I make it wheelie. The question is how can I keep the front wheel on the ground before I hit 3rd gear.

-Chris

If you want to do wheeles buy another motorcycle getting a busas frontend up is not a big deal just takes practice but when that big frontend comes down if you don't feather it down [more practice] it falls like a load of bricks off the roof of a building I do low power wheeles on interstate in 3rd-4th sometimes 5th gear it's not to tough to do with a turbo but none of that big high looking at the clouds s--t even when you can it's to tough on the bike.

(Dave&Cindy @ Jun. 13 2007,16:55) If you want to do wheeles buy another motorcycle
+1

If you want to learn wheelies find a buddy with a Honda Superhawk. Nothing like pulling a V-twin wheelie, especially when it comes up while accellerating out of a turn...
super.gif

i nailed the throttle in 1st and all i got was skwerly..'course my busa's stock and lowered rear...any tips on gettin it up with the links?

Get the tires warmed up. Get going at about 25mph and around 6k rpm. Let off the trottle and then gun it. It will take off like a bat out of hell but it will start to wheelie. Practice from there. I'm 6'4" and 280 and it will do it with ease.
beerchug.gif

tried it last night on the way to work...felt the front end get really light but rear got loose again..worse than before..kinda fun though. second gear, notta chance..just a really good launch

What kind of tire do you have? and how much air pressure are you running. For your size you may want to go to about 36psi.

im in south alabama..i just got a new continental conti-force..still stock size..got the conti cuz its cheap and i commute 45 mins to work just about every night on it and the place i got the tire from said he'd been gettin feedback from busa owners sayin they were gettin 9k mi out of 'em..so im givin it a shot.. btw i got it up last night in first..just barely though..think i've been lettin off too much so i just hesitated a little at 5k and popped it..i was like well, didnt do it again..and let off and i felt a bump..so..dunno how high i had it..must notta been too high or i'da noticed it, but apparently it was up...but its gotten really light several times cuz the handlebars gimme a little shimmy indicatin the front end's barely touchin...but yeah, im wantin a pc but dunno how long that'll be...it'll just take practice im sure

It will take practice, but you should do the dampener mod immediately. It will stop the wheel shimmy and protect against tanks slappers. As far as your tire goes, I've never heard of them. I know that continental makes crappy car tires and I'm sure the bike tires can't be much better. You should look into a set that handles better, but will have a shorter life.
beerchug.gif

Do a search at the top right of the screen. It will replace the stock oil with heavier oil and hold the bars tighter at center.

btw, got it up last week..come up slow my little rebel tail! lol it jumped up and 'course i let off and slammed it back down...nice though..lettin things calm down a little before i try it again...how 'bout a diff sprocket? guy at work wants me to buy a front sprocket from 'em...front or rear? how many teeth more?

Once you get the hang of it theyre easy. It took me a while. A friend of mine got on my bike and picked it up right away.... but then again thats all he does....tricks that is.

I have found most of my wheelie have been when you decelerate then snap the throttle back again quickly, after i discovered this I had to do it about 19,000 times on purpose!
seems to work real well around 4,000 rpm in 1st and 8,600 in 2nd if you like your fork seals I would suggest trying to keep it on the ground as much as possable....:beerchug:

If you're going to start doing wheelies let some pressure out of the back tire it will help you control it better when it's on one wheel. Learn to feather the dropping of the bike onto it's front wheel especially at speed. Tank slappers happen often if you get crossed up. Mostly wear your gear and practice someplace safe. Wardie

Thanks you guys, I was wondering how to keep it down. It sometimes feels like it wants to go up on it's own. I'd rather do wheelies on a smaller bike. Your advice is greatly helpful. Thanks again. :bowdown:

if you dont want to do wheelies then just dont open the bike up or roll on it real slow. i like to down shift into first at speed and go wtfo at 60 plus and ride till i got to shift and pull it up in second till she decides she is:laugh: done

Back