Wheelie w/ a strectched 'busa?

brumanchu

Registered
Been wanting to ask this question for a while now, but was too worried about resurrecting the "yuut-uuuggghhhh" thread :rofl::rofl:
But seriously, I've got a stock 'busa w/ an 8" stretch, I weigh about 205 w/ gear. I've done everything but pop the clutch and have never lifted the front end off the ground. I know that's the purpose of the stretch, but it's still fun to do once in a while.
Anyone here ride a wheelie on their stretched 'busa? If so, what's the trick?

I can clutch mine right up on a 10", dont to much anymore since i lowered the front end rather not tear the headers and oil pan off on landing:please:

You need to talk to sixpack. He isn't stretched but he talks about wheelies on the busa and how easy it is. I have only been able to power up 1st. Every time I think about popping the clutch or any other tricks I have heard I just remember I an still paying on it. I am no wheelie master but I would think a stretched busa would break traction before lifting the front. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.

How much do you weigh???

It should be able to come up without a turbo but it sure does help :whistle:, but the stretch is to help prevent it. I think if you let it drop to hard the added length will add to the force when the front end comes down. May be go back to stock and add some wheelie bars so you can go from drag racing to stunting easier :dunno: :laugh:

A bigger rear sprocket can help but I wouldnt do it.Mine is lowered ad my header is dented from being low from the previous owner.

i know it can be done, but haven't been able to do it on mine, thats after stretching 8 inches, -1 +2 sprockets, and lowered front and rear. It'll blow the tire off pretty much as long as I stay in it though.:laugh:

Well i just got through going 7in over and at 6,000 rpm's from a roll just gas it and dead hooks and it will fly right up lol. I'm only 3 up on the rear sprocket.

Your front forks sure will hate you....
The bike is already a bit heavy for wheelies anyway, add another 8" of leverage to that.... Just sayin.

You need to talk to sixpack. He isn't stretched but he talks about wheelies on the busa and how easy it is. I have only been able to power up 1st. Every time I think about popping the clutch or any other tricks I have heard I just remember I an still paying on it. I am no wheelie master but I would think a stretched busa would break traction before lifting the front. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.

Thanks man. I've wheelied stretched bikes before, but not a stretched Busa, although it really would be no different.
It takes a little finess, warm tires, and usually using the clutch. It could be powered up but depends on the individual bike and setup too. There's a fine line between wheel spin and traction(as it's easy to spin a tire up into a wheelie on a stock length bike).
The pics of stretched Busa's at the dragstrip wheelieing away from the tree can be misleading in this case. As the bike is at a dead stop and leaving the tree at a 4k to 5k rpm minimum...of course resulting in a wheelie when they get traction.
Either you haven't found the right rpm range, speed, and traction to wheelie yours while you're already moving, or you'll just have to use the clutch.
Also as mentioned, if your bike's lowered, and if you don't set the front down slow and smooth, you risk busting the oil pan
All bikes are different, but I've yet to ride one that won't wheelie.:beerchug:

Thanks for the responses,
When I've hammered it from a roll, it just spins until I get out of it.
Haven't wanted to commit just yet to dumping the clutch to bring it up, just wanted to get some other peoples experience on it.
For the record, mine is back at stock height, raised the rear end back up for 2 up riding.

Turbo......hmmmmmmm :laugh:

Ditch the turbo idea, find a chubby chick put her on the back and wick it up I am sure your spinning problems will deminish.:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl:

Wheelies stretched hmmmmm
Turbo $3500
Chubby Chick and a $2.00 chocolate shake from Mc Donalds afterwards.

My stage1 turbo'd busa would wheelie with me on it. I'm 300lbs and the bike was lowered and stretched 10". She was an animal, though I won't turbo another bike ever again.... ever.

Run a sticky tire. Stockers will not work. I was using a Shinko U-soft and getting decent mileage out of it

Back