Wheelie Noise

OB_Megadethaz

Registered
Hello occasionally when I do a wheelie in 1st gear at about 5k R.P.M. when I snap the throttle I hear a kind of clunk noise near the bottom of the bike (it sounds like) it doesn't happen all the time just occasionally. I am very concerned this has somewhat curbed my wheelies which I'm addicted to any ideas PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Ok first I have to say I am here for selfish reasons.

I Wheelie my bike too but how do you keep it up. Getting it up is no hassle (as you know).
But immediately I get it up, the next thing that comes to mind is putting it down. Am I scared for good reason?

You might also want to check what was said about noises heard from the underbelly of the bike just a few posts ago.

I dont know really it just happens hehe with lots of practice. I used to tend to throw it up and then back down PERFORMANCE BIKES has a kill article on wheelies check it out :)

If your chain tension is set properly then the only thing I can think of it the famous "5000rpm noise" that everyone and their dog has mentioned.. It comes and goes so quick.. Don't worry about it..

She is pretty powerful to bring up in first, maybe try bringing it up in second and right it out... the busa is extremely easy to wheelie.. ESPECIALLY if you lower your final gear ratio, wouldn't recommond this to novice riders though...
The busa stock, pulls like my 1100 with lower gearing...
Have fun!

Back