Wheelie lights....

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Saw a couple of bikes over the weekend that had aftermarket lights (very small) attached to the inside of their fairing pointed down at around 45 degrees.... Then at night time they would turn them on and proceed to ride wheelies! The lights would then shine down on the ground almost perfectly, so they could see where they were going......... Thanks to babybusa for enlightening me. (I had no idea why they had lights there until I overheard him talking about them!)

Hmmmm interesting, wonder if they work as fog lights as well
jump9.gif

A FEW PEOPLE I RIDE WITH HAVE THEM, THE TRICK IS TO PUT THEM WHERE THEY WON'T GET HIT BUY ROCKS, OR SPEED BUMPS. ONE GUY HAS HIS WITH A MERCURY SWITCH THAT TURNS ON AUTOMATICALY WHEN THE BIKE GETS HIGH ENOUGH. WHEN I GET BETTER AT WHEELIES I'LL TRY TO FIND A GOOD MOUNTING SPOT.

WELL, SPEAKING OF LIGHTING ON A BUSA, I will share what I have done in the past for peeps.

Used small blazer fog lights from walmart or auto zone. The ones with the blue/yellow color to the lenses. About an inch round or so. (the lens part).

At the front of the fairing. At the bottom where the two side panels meet in the middle. (the part in front of the oil cooler, SOLID BLACK PLASTIC).

You can drill two holes and mount them pointing out there and downward. Using the oil cooler support to hold them. They will be setting on the bottom of the two halves of fairing.

Or you can mount them so the light shines down and drill the holes in the bottom of the left front and right front fairing where the meet the black plastic peice as above. Except the shine straight downward. Works well and their light weight.

Another spot for a smaller light is inside the belly fairing behind the kick stand shining downward. (small 1 inch hole again) Use a plastic light here so no weight. You can mount to the cross bar that holds the belly ban to the left and right fairings. Theres actually four bolts holding the belly fairing pan up so it's pretty tight. Mercury switch from a car trunk mounted level near the battery area or center of mass will do nice.

Upon lift merc moves, lights on. White or yellow bulbs light up the best, color bulbs if you want to put on a show.

IF YOU WANT TO GET REAL FANCY
USE A 12V FIBER OPTIC LIGHT FROM ONE OF THOSE "TREES" THAT CHANGE COLORS. THATS NEAT IF YOUR A GOOD WHEELIE RIDER YOU GET A PLETHERA OF LIGHT SHOWS. NEAT AND NO WEIGHT AT ALL.

ICE

I watched a guy do a nice wheelie one night and came down into a pot hole he could have seen in the daytime. Head ova handlebars. Killed em. Not into night time anything on one wheel. And the way peeps have been droppin out, Im coolin out for a bit. Helmet on too.

ICE

I watched a guy do a nice wheelie one night and came down into a pot hole he could have seen in the daytime.  Head ova handlebars.  Killed em.  Not into night time anything on one wheel.  And the way peeps have been droppin out, Im coolin out for a bit.  Helmet on too.

ICE
Night time you just never know what is in the road, animals, wood tree limbs, etc.

Back