Wheelie help!

Bandit

Registered
What will it take to make the Busa wheelie in 2nd gear with rolling on the throttle only? Not just barely pick up the wheel but one you can ride out. Will the PC III or the TRE do it, or will a sprocket change make the biggest difference?

Thanks

If you don't want to make any peformance mods, (add power)then keep changing the sprockets untill your happy

one tooth down in the front or 3-5 up in the back will work. turbo and nos will help. hahaha
aktion035.gif
aktion035.gif
aktion035.gif

aktion035.gif

aktion035.gif

I have a 16t front
tre
yosh pipe
the front will lift easily in 2nd gear no clutch and I think
the stock set up will to
run to around 7000 rpm in second, let off to drop the front and then nail it- front comes up easy-
will do the same in third so i am told- haven't tried 3rd yet.

try 7000 to 7500 rpm- it will pull in that range.
i used to think it wouldn't untill I read someone elses post about the rpm range- and it worked.

Thanks Cetrov! 16T front seems to be the ticket with the local guys, I'm sure the TRE also helps alot. I appreciate the input.

What will it take to make the Busa wheelie in 2nd gear with rolling on the throttle only?  Not just barely pick up the wheel but one you can ride out. Will the PC III or the TRE do it, or will a sprocket change make the biggest difference?

Thanks
Call me, simple but the busa is a long bike. Isn't it possible to roll off the throttle then bang it back on after holding around 6k rpm? Waiting for the suspension to rebound before wrapping her on of course? I've heard the busas are prone to wheelspin though.

Hmm, I wonder why.

Clutch I don't need no stinken Clutch. Give her gas and hang on GAS!! and HANG ON!!

don't even need to chop throttle. Just make sure that when you slam it open your not moving body weight forward or anything and it comes up like it was designed for it. If you hit just right it will definately come up fast enough to scare ya though

OK I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS IM A BIGGER GUY ABOUT 240 AND 6'5', I REALLY DONT KNOW WHERE MY BALANCING POINT IT CAUSE WHEN EVER I GET IT UP HIGH ENOUGH IT SHOCKS ME AND I SHIFT MY WEIGHT FORWARD AND DONT ROLL ON THE THROTTLE, I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO TELL HOW HIGH I CAN GO BEFORE WHOOPS IM FLIPPED OVER. I HAVE ONLY HAD MY BUSA FOR ABOUT A MONTH, ITS AN 03 WITH 4K MILES ON IT. I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING IN FIRST GEAR ON AND OFF A LITTLE AT A TIME, GETTING ABOUT 4-1/2 AND LETTING OFF THEN GUNNING IT TO RAISE HER UP. IM JUST WONDERING HOW HIGH SHOULD I BE GETTING. AND IS THERE ANY EASY WAY TO LEARN BETTER OR QUICKER FOR WHEELIES. AND I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. ABOUT A WEEK AGO I WAS GOING TO DO ONE AND I GOT ON THE TROTTLE AND I HEARD A POP IN THE BACK. I THINK IT WAS MY CHAIN. I DONT KNOW ANYONE ELSE EVER HEARD THIS, IF SO AM I HURTING ANYTHING OR WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE LET ME KNOW ANY INFO YOU GUYS MIGHT HAVE THANKS
JAMES:O

I wouldnt suggest 1st gear Playa, 2nd gear is fine enough. Bring the RPM up to about 5000 then roll the throttle Fwd quickly, you will feel the bike nose diving ,then quicly twist the throttle back til you feel her lift right on up which wont take very much throttle with that achieved just keep practicing til you feel comfortable with the technique of snap rolln the throttle Fwd and back quickly. Once you mastered that just open it up alittle more to maintain your cat walk.

No performance modz should be needed but 1 down up on the front or two up in the rear wouldnt hurt.

The neutral position will feel exactly like it implies , not the feeling of the tank smackn you in the chest.

Just my two cent .

Also personally I would just keep the two wheelz on the ground Playa

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092537572 -->

i found that around 45 to 60 mph in 2nd is the best way to bring the bird up in second, whether sitting or doing a stand up. just let the nose dive and twist the throttle. whatever you do dont start sitting the nose down and then try to throttle it back up without getting the bikes or your balance back, you'll 12 o'clock like i did on my '02. then you will just have to start over.:D
race.gif

43T rear sprocket, tre and the rest is stock! @7-7,500 rpm roll off throttle, the crack it. will stand up nice and easy. make sure you get off it before you hit the rev limiter. 6' 185#

7000 grand and give it gas , works for me and yes you'll be at about 75mph

Oh, I've got an idea....
Put it in first (going at about 5-10 mph)
Pull in the clutch
Rev the engine to about 10,000 rpms
and POP THE CLUTCH OUT
wink.gif

Just kidding... do NOT do that
tounge.gif

Second gear and just enough gas should do the trick.
Good luck

2nd gear...
roll on to about 6000rpm...
roll-off and quickly wrap the throttle...

You're either wheeling, spinning, or a mix of both.

Good luck and have fun!

BikePics.com

yes definately 2nd gear about 6000 rpms and gas it however i do like to mess around at stoplights and bring the front up on the green light but thats just me..... gotta love 1st gear

Back