Wheelie/Burnout Questions

det45

Registered
Ok I know these are stupid questions :stupid:but here they are anyway; When popping a wheelie on the Busa can the Busa lift the front tire in any other gear other than first gear safely?.......Also when doing a burnout can that be done in any other gear other than first gear? I haven't done either with my Busa yet but starting to get the itch :laugh::whistle::thumbsup:

No Question is dumb to the person seeking an answer!

If you are powering her up then it will have to be in first,

However if you are clutching her up then 2nd. Many people seem to think that clutching the bike up is safer. For some reason I feel that i have more controll with our bike in particular when i just power her up...

As far as burnouts go, i don't do them (too much tire wear) however i would suggest starting in first and shifting into second if you really want to buy and new rear tire every week...

I have seen the busa power lift the front in both first and second gear as well as do a burnout in second.

Just remember, you will be replacing parts quickly it you plan on doing either one more then once or twice. Fork seals are fairly cheap if I remember correctly, but tires are another story. They are too expensive for me to burn up. :2cents:

Doing either one could cost you big time if you crash in the process, take it from someone who has done it and totaled a brand new ( not even one month old) 2005 busa.....:laugh:

Ok I know these are stupid questions :stupid:but here they are anyway; When popping a wheelie on the Busa can the Busa lift the front tire in any other gear other than first gear safely?.......Also when doing a burnout can that be done in any other gear other than first gear? I haven't done either with my Busa yet but starting to get the itch :laugh::whistle::thumbsup:

A) Questions are only stupid if you would like an answer but don't ask. ;)

B) I believe the Hayabusa can be wheelied in several gears. However, there is no such thing as a "safe" way to wheelie. Wheelies are dangerous even when performed by a skilled practitioner. When attempted by those with lesser skills, wheelies are more accidents waiting to happen than anything else.

C) Don't know if you can do a burnout in multiple gears but I also can't think of why one would wish to do so. Again, realize that burnouts are potentially costly and dangerous should they go wrong.

Have fun but be smart and be safe!

whoa these things wheelie? yeehaw!! :laugh:

but really, and upshift during a burnout is insanity (for a streetbike).... (also asking for a 12oclock and a couple grand in damages)...

You can do a burnout in almost any gear provided you have a lack of traction on the hit.. (IE lots of water under the rear tire).. I have watched rolling high gear burnouts at the drag strip and they are most impressive...

Really is a pointless task however that will become most apparent when you are shelling out $175-200 for that new rear tire that has less than 2000 miles on it...

the burn out is an easy one and can be done in several gears, just while you are going and are ready to light up the rear give the front breaks a little squeeze just before you dump the clutch that way it helps to lift the weight off the rear tire and you can keep a little pressure on the front breaks just to keep from accelerating away until you are ready too, but before putting weight back on the rear tire to go roll back off the throttle a bit so it does not quickly get a bite and lift the front quickly and unexpectedly. as far as wheelies, it is safer popping the clutch a little actually you are throttled on and you just feather the clutch for a sec to get the rpms up a little and a quick burst of power that brings it up quick, the reason it is safer is because you can pop it up at very low speeds that way (stunting) all though if you are that interested in that stuff I would suggest a different bike for that. Just be careful and for god sakes wear a helmet MINIMUM!!!!! I live in IA and no one wears a helmet here but me I think. good luck... oh and a side note, you can power it up in a few gears... just go TURBO... :laugh:

Busa will power up in second...Done it a few times on accident.

No offense but if you are having to ask these questions, you probably shouldn't be trying either on a BUSA. Get a cheap bike or junk STUNT bike to attempt the basics on... :beerchug:

Busa will wheelie on throttle in 1st or second. Will raise fornt in 3rd if full throttle and dip in road, etc.... Bunr out question - I have no idea. Why would I care about a burnout in 2-6 gear?

I changed the rear sprocket +2 and I have no problem powering up in second gear. 1st is definetely not a problem, unless you consider wheeliing by accident a problem:laugh:. I don't do burnouts as I never really saw the point, other than premature tire wear, but to each his own. If you like it and don't mind spending the $$ then have fun and be safe.

Only had the Busa a Month now and I have powered up out of a turn and road 2nd gear wheelie down the road....weeeeee love this bike:rofl:

Mine really likes to do rolling burnouts and wheelies.:laugh:

the burn out is an easy one and can be done in several gears, just while you are going and are ready to light up the rear give the front breaks a little squeeze just before you dump the clutch :laugh:

Dude, i'd reallly hope your already grabbing a handfull of front brake anyway? LOL

Wheelies are cool, when I was a kid the local freaks down the street use to pop wheelies on their bikes all of the time. I do it on my dirt bike every time I'm on it. It would be cool to do one on a Busa and have it on video. As far as burnouts are concerned, I would just do it once to get it on video so I can drink beer :beerchug: at the end of the day and watch the video. :laugh:

On a technical note, Petrik recently found that second and third gear below 8500 rpm were restricted by the secondary throttle plates. power isn't controlled by timing, but rather the secondaries. His latest update to the ECU flash software eliminates this restriction. If you thought you had problems keeping the wheel down before, try the re-flash kit offered by Smithabusa.

ECU Flashing

Busa will power up in second...Done it a few times on accident.

Busa will power up in second...Done it a few times on purpose. :laugh:

Stock gear (43 tooth aluminum) stock motor (doesn't mean everything else is stock) lowered 3 inches...Bristol 1/4 mile. Still vertical in second gear.

Rolled it up in second in the mile run using a 41 tooth (that one surprised me too).

Bottom line is, if you ride on the street you might think you're pulling power out of it...but get a chance to really crack into it on a designated track and it's going to come up in second.

Still, heed everyone's advice and don't try learning this on a Busa...

Back