Wheel Swap

Jbaby1969

Registered
I definitely want to do this swap!

This is a ZX 14 wheel. It uses custom fab parts. It just so happens I have access to a massive machine shop! Lol
I know they are kiwi wheels. My Kawasaki concours has a similar style wheel, but weight a ton more than the zx14 ones. Well, can’t beat the price of your own machine shop access. Lol

Some guy on Facebook named “chopaleg” sells the needed axles/spacers to fit other wheels to the busa, but using some Home Depot hardware looking pieces according to Bryan @c10
Chop doesnt sell any kits for ZX14/10 Wheels, only R1 however according to everyone I've heard speak on his work they're very dependable and safe.

Chop doesnt sell any kits for ZX14/10 Wheels, only R1 however according to everyone I've heard speak on his work they're very dependable and safe.
What is he using from Home Depot that has people talking bad about the kit? Honest question, as I have no idea. I wouldn’t go through the trouble of swapping to an R1 wheel.

ZX10r wheels are supposed to be lighter than the 14r wheels. Problem is, if you notice they are only using one rotor.
ZX10 wheels use 2 discs , they are the track racer in Kawasaki line up . That ZX14 wheel ? pictured , has the locating holes all ready for another disc , that dude just left that disc off .
Guess those axles won't break being solid , are they aluminum or steel ?

ZX10 wheels use 2 discs , they are the track racer in Kawasaki line up . That ZX14 wheel ? pictured , has the locating holes all ready for another disc , that dude just left that disc off .
Guess those axles won't break being solid , are they aluminum or steel ?
Pretty sure I read that they left the front disc off because they hadn’t made a spacer for it at the time.

Pretty sure I read that they left the front disc off because they hadn’t made a spacer for it at the time.
FYI there is only one rotor on my ZRX because it has ZX14 radial master / Caliper , and bike is 390 lb wet .
It stops better than it did with twin rotors/Tokico 6 pot calipers ( same as Gen 1 busa calipers )
I see birds with no rear brake , and one rotor up front :(

FYI there is only one rotor on my ZRX because it has ZX14 radial master / Caliper , and bike is 390 lb wet .
It stops better than it did with twin rotors/Tokico 6 pot calipers ( same as Gen 1 busa calipers )
I see birds with no rear brake , and one rotor up front :(
I’m going to research it further and see if I can get in touch with the guy. I’d like to know how it turned out and how it stopped with one disc. I’m certainly not going to do anything to make the bike unsafe or perform poorly.

People run one disc for weight reduction. I personally am not a fan of the practice, having weight forward and down is exactly where I want it, but to each their own. I will say that if you ignore the issues of fade and feel, if one disc will lock the wheel up the stopping power is adequate.

I’m going to research it further and see if I can get in touch with the guy. I’d like to know how it turned out and how it stopped with one disc. I’m certainly not going to do anything to make the bike unsafe or perform poorly.
I’m not on psychobike forum, but I remember seeing some pictures that led to that website. I ended up just spending the money on some OZ piega wheels and done.

55D4614A-36F8-4111-A0A4-26C471DC6870.jpeg

2B0FAD94-D807-430B-98CC-553E3F567D3F.jpeg

Back