Wheel not stripping!

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Long story short ... I'm using airplane stripper to strip the paint from my wheels. All went fine except for the rear tire on the brake side. It stripped the entire front wheel and the clutch (lever) side of the rear wheel (except for the center lip on both ... which I was already expecting) with no problem. So why would it not work on one particular side of the wheel? I've tried applying it 3 times already and letting it sit for at least 15min each time. What gives?

I am not sure why one side is doing fine and the other isn't, is it at least bubbling up? If not, I would recommend some wire mesh and rub it off with the stripper. I found getting the powdercoat off the hardest part about polishing my wheels.

Nope, no bubbles at all. I went ahead and stripped it by spraying it AGAIN and the stripping it using a (roughly) 1/2"x2"x5" block of wood. I'm not worried about the small scratches since I have to sand it anyways.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Didn't experience that when I used Tal-Strip. The centers are the PITA for sure. GL with it.

Back