Wheel Cleaning

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
What has anyone found that will clean the grime off the hard to reach areas of the wheels?

iamwithstupid.gif

soap and water!
laugh.gif

And spray on wheel cleaner (if they arent polished)

I keep a good coat of wax on mine.

its called acrosol its a adhesive claener found in body shops/dealerships (auto ) just wipe and go it drys within seconds . it all i use for the wheels

I use WD-40, spray it on a rag and wipe them down..... be sure to keep it off your rotors!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Simple Green works pretty well, good coat of wax will help things from stickin.

+1 on the WD40! Get a good chain lube/Wax etc. I do mine rite after a ride so chain is warm. Give it time to dry for less sling off. A center stand sure would be handy for this.
all_coholic.gif
beerchug.gif

I use this stuff called Goop. It's a hand cleaner. Put some on the rag, and it wipes right off. I use it on the sprockets too. And on the frame, and the undertail... and the....
laugh.gif

Keep it simple and use Simple Green. Its a good degreaser and can be used on just about anything (clothes,household,bike, car) and its non toxic.

I went with a lube/cleaner I had in house. Soap and water did not work ..I let it get too grimmy. i will be better in the future.

Whadya think these suckers are like to clean? Nothing but a rag some honda polish (yes I have 2 cases) and time. It takes me about 1/2 hour per rim. Thats 1hr for the wheels and about an hour for the rest of the bike. It gets cleaned after EVERY ride.

Busted knuckles and man hands included.

sideshot.JPG

Back